New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article shows no one political party has a monopoly on righteousness and our government is bought and sold, you do not have to be a hippie to think twice before you feed you kids corn at dinner.

(NaturalNews) A breakthrough report on the nutritional density of genetically-modified (GM) corn crops demolishes all existing claims that GMOs are "substantially equivalent" to non-GMOs. Entitled 2012 Nutritional Analysis: Comparison of GMO Corn versus Non-GMO Corn, the paper reveals not only that GMO corn is greatly lacking in vitamins and minerals compared to non-GMO corn, but also that it is highly toxic and filled with deadly crop chemicals like glyphosate (Roundup).

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That explains why big brand corn always gives me diarrhea.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I need to see it in the PNAS ,not "momsacrossamerica".

So far, as far as simple BT transformed corn, I have yet to find any real evidence that Bacillus Thuringiensis proto toxin from Cry1A expressed in plants has any effect on humans.

It's not just corn by the way. You have no idea how far the rabbit hole goes Neo. Apples, canola, cotton, potato, rice, tobacco, tomato, soybeans, walnuts...the list goes on of plants that have been transformed by means of particle bombardment, argo bacterium, etc.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow, BT crystalline proteins do not transfer from mother to infant (gmwatch, a source cited by that website.) nor do they accumulate in our bodies at all. The pH of our digestive system is too low for our bodies to even interact with it.

Now, on the subject of weed killers...yes, bad news bears.

·
Registered
28 Posts
GMO corn, non GMO corn, organic corn. All look the same when I poop. :leave:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need to see it in the PNAS ,not "momsacrossamerica".

So far, as far as simple BT transformed corn, I have yet to find any real evidence that Bacillus Thuringiensis proto toxin from Cry1A expressed in plants has any effect on humans.

It's not just corn by the way. You have no idea how far the rabbit hole goes Neo. Apples, canola, cotton, potato, rice, tobacco, tomato, soybeans, walnuts...the list goes on of plants that have been transformed by means of particle bombardment, argo bacterium, etc.
Everything we touch, smell, eat, affects our immune system, genetically modified food affects our immune systems differently than its non-gmo counterpart, the theory that it can facilitate auto-immune disorders is still only theory but the evidence is growing that in some people it may be their tipping point.

It is all about personal choice, some people can smoke like chimneys and survive unscathed from any smoking-related malady into their 80s and 90s (I have seen it first hand) some develop serious complications by their 40s????

I guess I will end with if the fatalists are correct (when it is your time, it is your time), then I gather it is a lot of worrying for nothing all along the way:)

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. When you're ticket is punched it's punched. No sense in worrying about it...of course, you shouldn't go out of your way to help it along. I usually try to eat organic (whether it's really organic or not who knows).

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. When you're ticket is punched it's punched. No sense in worrying about it...of course, you shouldn't go out of your way to help it along. I usually try to eat organic (whether it's really organic or not who knows).
How about whether those things in question affect your judgement or quality of life?

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
How about whether those things in question affect your judgement or quality of life?
Yeah, that's why I said you should avoid helping it along. I'm not a fatalist, but I do believe when it's your time to go it's your time to go. You can't avoid it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
momsacrossamerica is the source - really? I'm surprised they didn't cite baseballandapplepie too. I'm not pro GMA, at all. But this is the equivalent of the ahole anti gun people getting their facts all wrong. At least cite a scientific source that is semi believable.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
momsacrossamerica is the source - really? I'm surprised they didn't cite baseballandapplepie too. I'm not pro GMA, at all. But this is the equivalent of the ahole anti gun people getting their facts all wrong. At least cite a scientific source that is semi believable.
Scientists did the research, Ralph Nadar (though sucks on gun rights) did a hell of a lot of good for this country, like him or not, your life is better b/c of his work, and he proved that Adam Smith's invisible hand has been amputated regarding corporate ethics with bean counters ready to pay wrongful death lawsuits rather than make a safer product.

Furthermore if you honestly trust the "values" of Monsanto, I suggest you do some more research, they are far more deleterious than "moms" could ever be, their evil deeds are well known.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hypothesis, not theory

They used to think that GMO wheat caused Celiac. Now we know it's HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8. (I've had Celiac since birth.)

I'm am against monsanto on moral and social ground. If I could make transgenic vespids the size of dobermans and release them at all monsanto locations I would ,but I have yet to see a credited scientist find that the addition of genes actually causes problem in humans. Round up? YEP! That is no good.

Your corn should have pigment. We've bred corn, and just about everything else, to contain more sugar and fats. "Indian" corn is the natural state.

A huge portion of our government officials are ex monsanto employees. The current head of the FDA, Clarence Thomas...the list goes on. You think corn is bad? Look at how our chickens and beef are raised! Big beef companies and Tyson chicken might as well be monsanto's cousins.

Grow and kill your own food if you can. I just finished sewing seed and hand tilling. Plus I've got seeds starting inside and herbs in the house. I hope to get some partridge, a couple of deer, and do some fishing this year too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.