New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a license and I want to order ammo that matches what is on my license. Can I order ammo online to be delivered to my NYC address or not? I keep seeing conflicting information and I am just trying to do the correct thing. It seems like the Safe Act no longer prevents this for whatever reason, but some merchants will not ship directly to people in NYC. I am unable to find where NYC has a different law on this issue. I do know that you can not possess pistol ammo in NYC IF you do not have a licensed firearm in that caliber. However, I am ordering ammo for a caliber which is on my license.

So I am not asking if some stores will refuse to ship to my NYC address. I'm sure many will. The question is am I doing anything illegal by ordering ammo to my door? As far as I know I am not because I am legally allowed to possess the ammo?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a license and I want to order ammo that matches what is on my license. Can I order ammo online to be delivered to my NYC address or not? I keep seeing conflicting information and I am just trying to do the correct thing. It seems like the Safe Act no longer prevents this for whatever reason, but some merchants will not ship directly to people in NYC. I am unable to find where NYC has a different law on this issue. I do know that you can not possess pistol ammo in NYC IF you do not have a licensed firearm in that caliber. However, I am ordering ammo for a caliber which is on my license.

So I am not asking if some stores will refuse to ship to my NYC address. I'm sure many will. The question is am I doing anything illegal by ordering ammo to my door? As far as I know I am not because I am legally allowed to possess the ammo?
For a while many dealers will not even ship to NY (some still don't ) so don't believe you could get it shipped to NYC

·
Registered
14 Posts
What about sending it to a delivery mailbox over the the county line in Nassau or Westchester? Both are close enough to access through public transit. They're usually sign for UPS or Fedex shipments for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts