New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we can look forward to Obama using our tax dollars to support these innovators to help further his agenda. I would love a gun that I am sure the Government could remote disable. My favorite part "Innovators are long-term thinkers," he said. "In 50 years, all the [current] guns will have been flushed out. We have to start somewhere."Can smart guns slash gun violence? Silicon Valley says yes | Cutting Edge - CNET News

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I have a Ruger('67) and a Browning('69) that are as clean as the day they were born, but with better triggers!
what dont these guys understand about the ultimate Machine called the gun?

they understand NOTHING!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Lets see an electronic device blocking a mechanical device from working... I am sure no one could possibly figure out a way to remove the solenoid or whatever and have a fully functioning pistol.

Both units must have batteries. What happens when one or the other fails and the operator is left with a dud?

How long before criminals came up with a transmitter that would overpower the radio in the watch and render the pistol useless?

All firearms will be "flushed away" in 50 years? Apparently they have no concept of the life expectancy of a firearm. I have some from the mid 1800's that are fully functioning.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
hackers.... need anyone say more....

of course the anti's want this... it will make guns easier to ban in 50 years when this technology is so dangerous and faulty that hackers are making peoples guns go off in their safes..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long before criminals came up with a transmitter that would overpower the radio in the watch and render the pistol useless?

I see the government coming up with a jammer before the criminals do. Although I do believe the government is probably the real criminal anyway.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Silicone Valley only sees another market place to sell their Chips and Software, FUSV!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Guns should not "think" for themselves--that is a major issue with these scenarios being described. NO situation is cut and dry and that is why it requires a person with the ability to think/feel/analyze/reason to make it go bang. Perhaps they should have a challenge on how to make people smarter instead of the firearm.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
guns should not "think" for themselves--that is a major issue with these scenarios being described. No situation is cut and dry and that is why it requires a person with the ability to think/feel/analyze/reason to make it go bang. Perhaps they should have a challenge on how to make people smarter instead of the firearm.
STEELERS are #1

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Let's see, we have an anti gun administration who has proven time and again that it is willing to throw Billions of dollars at pet projects (think Solyndra) that support its agenda. No measurable success criteria established, no accountability and no repercussions or financial penalties for failure to deliver a tangible result. If I'm an exec in SV I'd say I can do it too. Bring on the federal funding! There's more than one way to grow a business.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Well of course their tech will help and fatten their wallets. People will say anything to make a buck. They don't love firearms, they love money.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
"But just imagine, a SWAT team outside a house could discharge a portable EMP. This will render the smart guns useless, and protect the officers that are exempt from smart gun laws as they heroically put their lives on the line to capture that alleged jaywalker."

"YES YES YES, I CAN'T BAAAAAAA ANY LOUDER YES!"

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.