New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I don't see why they couldn't, they would get a class 02 from ATF and should be good to go. The only exception is if they wanted to sell handguns. Then they would have to obtain a NYS Firearms Dealers license.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see why they couldn't, they would get a class 02 from ATF and should be good to go. The only exception is if they wanted to sell handguns. Then they would have to obtain a NYS Firearms Dealers license.
So they need to get a class 02? Is that law?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
They need some type of ffl. Theres a shady kid in albany who buys them and sells them. As personal firearms. One day the law will.catch up to him

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes, the ATF license for pawn shops is a FFL 02, it allows them to deal in all firearms except NFA, but NYS requires a dealers license if you intend to deal in handguns. The 02 is the same as my 01 except for the classifications specific to pawn shops.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yes they can. i have a few shops near me that sell them.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC nobody needs an FFL unless their main sorce of income is by selling guns.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC nobody needs an FFL unless their main sorce of income is by selling guns.
so i could open up a store and sell rifles and slurpees and as long as i made almost all of my money selling slurpees i'm good to go?

(although if i did that 7 eleven could sue me for using the term "slurpee" so i would have to call them Prince Douche's Magical Frozen Delights)

hey it has a certain ring to it. Prince Douche's Magical Frozen Delights and Assault Weapons. and in smaller writing under that on the sign "No Paperwork Required"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts