New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question - can i buy ammo on the interwebs? I was debating buying some bulk ammo from cabela's, but there's warnings in bright yellow - bright yellow i tells ya!

So is it legal to have ammo shipped to nys?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Yes. That bright yellow is for NYC.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I order all the time from CTD when it comes to .223 and 7.62x39--it's the only way to go.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Simple question - can i buy ammo on the interwebs? I was debating buying some bulk ammo from cabela's, but there's warnings in bright yellow - bright yellow i tells ya!

So is it legal to have ammo shipped to nys?
I purchased ammo from Cabelas earlier this month. Shipped to my door no problem!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Check SGAmmo or Ammo To Go......Both ship to your door,no sig required so you don't have to miss work and both have great prices...

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Check SGAmmo or Ammo To Go......Both ship to your door,no sig required so you don't have to miss work and both have great prices...
+1

Just ordered ammo and it arrived with no issues. Mail order is fine but some companies are too stupid and will not ship to NY. NYC is the problem but they cannot figure that out.

James

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just received my first order from SG Ammo. Good prices, fair shipping, UPS no-sig delivery. I always prefer to spend money at my LGS, but sometimes they just don't have a very good selection.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So, those of us in NYC can't order ammo online? What about reloading components?
If we can't order those, either, does anyone know a place where a person living in NYC and without a car can go to get them (reloading components)?

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
So, those of us in NYC can't order ammo online? What about reloading components?
If we can't order those, either, does anyone know a place where a person living in NYC and without a car can go to get them (reloading components)?
No, you cannot mail order ammo to your NYC address. I also believe reloading is not allowed either but not 100% sure.

James

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ammoman.com has good prices (His prices are all shipped, not + ship). Classic Arms often has good deals as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts