New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
Only at a range at an incorporated club, not just anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
So if we are "Out in the Stix" on private property using a Giant berm, I technically cannot let him shoot them even though he has a valid permit?
That is correct.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
You got to love these POS democrap law makers, holding a handgun will probaly scar a person for life if they don't get licensed by the state of New York. It's a shame that the NorthEast states have some of the toughest ani-gun laws in our country. I take people out shooting so they can try out different types of handguns to see if they like them before going out and spending hundreds of dollars on something they might not like. When I talk to some one who never shot any type of gun before I reccomend they go to the loal shooting range and for twenty-five dollars and the purchace price of range ammo they can shoot any or all of the fifty plus range guns all day if they want to. They have all types of handguns from the little Ruger LCP 380s to a 50 caliber revolver and everything in between. Plus they have a bunch of tactical rifles & shotguns. I haven't counted, but they must have about twenty indoor shooting lanes. Law enforcement from three counties train there and get their qualifications.

They should haveshooting ranges like thisall across the country, Welcome | Norpoint Range Check it out and let me know what you think of their set-up. They sell hundreds of handguns a month there and are ussally a hundred bucks cheaper then the local Cabelas on most of their guns. I have bought several guns there and used them to ship & revieve guns that I bought & sold from out of state. I paid $399 for my NIB S7W 642 Airweight, $550 for my Kahr PM9, $479 for my stainless Ruger Single-Six 22LR/22mag, and I bought others there as well.They have a 25% down and two months to pay program. It's only abou a mile & a half from the house. They also give you a free lane use with the purchase of a gun, I think the yearly cost for membership is about $200 and unlimited use of the range. If they gave a discount on buying guns there I'd join and the discount would cover the membership. I personally don't like indoor ranges and give my free lane passes away.

This is the cats a$$ for newbies that never shot a gun before, excellent training in a secure environment and a chance to shoot a whole array of firearms to see what they feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Makes perfect sense because its not like someone without a permit should know how to ever safely treat a firearm. Just pointing at one and saying don't do this and never ever touch that is a great way for people to learn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.