Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I think the ban starts in a year. Then you will need a BG check for ammo. :(

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you darth
while i agree with all the sentiments i don't want to let myself become an accidental felon
i am not planning on being a test case, my rights are important but so is my liberty (what we still have of it)
this new set of laws is just alot to have taken in so quickly

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall any restrictions on ftf sales of ammo between individuals. The restrictions that are upcoming are on direct shipment from online purchases and required background checks for commercial sellers.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall any restrictions on ftf sales of ammo between individuals. The restrictions that are upcoming are on direct shipment from online purchases and required background checks for commercial sellers.
Good question. I figured wit the "private sale loophole" they wanted to close that was the way it would be with ammo, but I have no idea. Sure they will add it is it's not. :/

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Here is what can be found on their fuking wonderful FAQ page...

Q: If I sell ammunition, can I keep selling it?

A: Yes. Currently the law does not add any obligations on sellers. Sellers of ammunition will have to register by January 15, 2014. A form will be made available and you will not need to appear in person or wait for a background check.

ETA: this is listed under dealers. They make no reference to private ftf transactions between non-commercial parties.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts

A: Yes. Currently the law does not add any obligations on sellers. Sellers of ammunition will have to register by January 15, 2014. A form will be made available and you will not need to appear in person or wait for a background check.
Nothing on the "If I buy ammo can I keep buying it", huh?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Nothing on the "If I buy ammo can I keep buying it", huh?
No, and like I stated, I have not seen anything in the bill that mentions ftf ammo sales between non-commercial parties.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

gunner first and last time ill have to disagree with you but thats under the heading dealers
we are not dealers we are both private citizens looking to buy and sell 22lr in one single 333 count box
i heard its this bad allover usa and 22lr will likely be out of stock the longest due to lower profit margin than center-fire

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
gunner first and last time ill have to disagree with you but thats under the heading dealers
we are not dealers we are both private citizens looking to buy and sell 22lr in one single 333 count box
i heard its this bad allover usa and 22lr will likely be out of stock the longest due to lower profit margin than center-fire
We actually agree. I posted that to point out that it is aimed at dealers. I was remiss in not stating that clearly and will edit my post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.