New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Is this complete IDIOT for real????

“A glance or a nod will help you show anyone who might think that you are not paying attention, and you are aware of their presence,”

WOW......OK....I thought I've heard it all...

And THIS garbage of a statement is coming from a "so called" detective????????

OK, Detective Houlette, howabout YOU be the guinea pig for this, while being UN-armed! I truly want to see this in action!!!! But, who am I to question such knowledge? After all, you're the detective, and apparently you seem to have some really incredible "insight" as to how the criminal mind truly works???? I guess I can see how a "glance" or a mere "nod" of the head would totally scare off ANY would-be attacker! This is awesome news! And all this time, I thought guns might be the answer in trying to save my own life in a potential horrific life-threatening situation? WOW, I was so wrong..

huh...learn something new every day

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Is there an administrative process to be able to nod of a killer, or is it a true 2 nd right it is free for all to nod?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Crap. I was going to go on a psycho spree, but if they might nod at me, forget it. That will be too unnerving.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My assumption is that people will carry regardless of what some beuracratic official tells them (unless they employ the use of metal detectors which, on a college campus, wouldn't be practical at all). I've known several people that have done this...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is this complete IDIOT for real????

"A glance or a nod will help you show anyone who might think that you are not paying attention, and you are aware of their presence,"

WOW......OK....I thought I've heard it all...

And THIS garbage of a statement is coming from a "so called" detective????????

OK, Detective Houlette, howabout YOU be the guinea pig for this, while being UN-armed! I truly want to see this in action!!!! But, who am I to question such knowledge? After all, you're the detective, and apparently you seem to have some really incredible "insight" as to how the criminal mind truly works???? I guess I can see how a "glance" or a mere "nod" of the head would totally scare off ANY would-be attacker! This is awesome news! And all this time, I thought guns might be the answer in trying to save my own life in a potential horrific life-threatening situation? WOW, I was so wrong..

huh...learn something new every day
"Sharon Houlette, a detective with the UALR Department of Public Safety"? She is NO detective. College police does not investigate CRAP other than drinking, smoking or shoplifting on campus. All serious crimes are handled by local police departments. She is a square badge who has been given a title for her willingness to make this type of dumb and careless statement. Nod this!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I'll make sure to give my attacker a stern nod and an angry glance. That will scare them away for sure! Or it may get me shot/stabbed. Well, guess it's just the luck of the draw right?!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Class 101 nodding for beginner 1credit

Class 102 intermediate nodding 1.5 credit

Class 103 advance nodding Prerequisite Nodding for beginner 101 and Class 102 intermediate nodding. 3credits

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Is this surprising anymore? Honestly, I've just come to assume almost all college campuses are now 'safe' zones. It's another feel-good measure to put people at east that there are no guns here...except the illegally possessed ones.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Is this surprising anymore? Honestly, I've just come to assume almost all college campuses are now 'safe' zones. It's another feel-good measure to put people at east that there are no guns here...except the illegally possessed ones.
Makes me a hell of a lot more antsy. I'm beyond ****ed if anything happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Situational awareness is important but with out the proper tools to defend yourself, you simply see the sh$t about to hit the fan.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts