New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used krylon camo ultra flat paint except for the brown which is just regular flat krylon. Show with my fall and spring camo and in b&w because supposedly animals are color blind, don't know how that was determined, but what ever

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice job, looks good! I did a similar paint job on an old compound bow a few years ago...leaves make awesome stencils :)

Jeff (teet)

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
What shotgun? LOL Nice job!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What shotgun? LOL Nice job!
Thanks for the props guys. It;s a Charles Daly, i got it shipped to my FFL for $200, in a hard shell case, looked like brand new when i got it, came with 3 chokes, unused wrench and a brand new HiViz front sight. I put a ported XXfull choke in it for Turkey season.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great!!

I may have to do something like this..

How's the durabilty on it??
Don't know, but for $12 and 30 minutes work, I'm not worried about it, the cans are still %75 full.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have been thinking about rattle can camo on my old 500. What did you use for metal prep as far as getting oil and such off it, and what did you use for a pattern?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been thinking about rattle can camo on my old 500. What did you use for metal prep as far as getting oil and such off it, and what did you use for a pattern?
Sorry for the late reply, I missed this, I used 400 grit dry, first I wiped it down with prep-sol, it can be found where auto body supplies are sold, or you can use something similar like lacquer thinner, but it takes longer to flash off and might hurt the plastic parts, IPA would be better. Than I hit it with 400 grit d/a paper dry, wiped down again with the prep-sol than a tac rag. I used the lightest color first than the medium than the dark than the medium than misted the whole thing with the light again. No pattern. I tried using a leaf in a few spots but didn't like it, also tried a branch from my rose bush, again, didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Very nice job. The black & white photo really shows that it goes with both. Been thinking of doing this to one of my ARs. Any ideas of colors I should use for an urban environment?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice job. The black & white photo really shows that it goes with both. Been thinking of doing this to one of my ARs. Any ideas of colors I should use for an urban environment?
shades of gray or grey

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks for the props guys. It;s a Charles Daly, i got it shipped to my FFL for $200, in a hard shell case, looked like brand new when i got it, came with 3 chokes, unused wrench and a brand new HiViz front sight. I put a ported XXfull choke in it for Turkey season.
Correct me if I am wrong, I think Gunner meant he couldn't see the shotgun due to the camo job when he asked what shotgun LOL! BTW nice job on the gun!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, I think Gunner meant he couldn't see the shotgun due to the camo job when he asked what shotgun LOL! BTW nice job on the gun!
LOL, I don't always pick up on subtle, missed banging a few hot chics becasue of it I am told.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts