New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Been there several times during my trips to LI... one of the best outdoor ranges out there. Rules are pretty much limited to common sense.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
My cousin and a couple friends do.

· Registered
114 Posts
I prefer Calverton over Brookhaven because you're not limited to sitting while shooting, it's cheaper, and no time limit. However the firing line isn't as nice but its a small price to pay for a more laid back setting.

· Registered
6,222 Posts
Shoot there all the time with my mosin and other assorted goodies. Look forward to seeing some of you.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Lol....I used to shoot there 20 years ago. Do they still have that old hag in the F-Troop tower yelling, " No Rapid Fire!".

· Registered
1,840 Posts
She hasn't been there the last couple of times.
But she's still there? If so, she has to be like 80 years old now. Never knew if she was an owner, or just worked there.

I also remember that the Yellow Jackets used to attack all the time from the 50 gallon oil drum garbage pails that were lined up behind the benches.

That place used to be a rip. We used to shoot refrigerators, bowling pins...whatever you wanted to bring. It was a free for all...with that old woman on the loudspeaker yelling "No Rapid Fire!" all day....as everybody rapid fired....lol, the good old days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.