New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned my application in April 4th, and I've called occasionally to see how it was coming. Called this afternoon and Sue told me that the permit was at the judge's office. Shouldn't be too long now!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Very nice, good luck. I'd love to hear that about now.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
At least you can get good communication.

I'm still waiting for my pistol permit after ~7 months.

I've tried calling them in the past for information but I get directed to an answering machine every time. I leave a message with my number and contact info and not once have I been contacted back. :(

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I turned my application in April 4th, and I've called occasionally to see how it was coming. Called this afternoon and Sue told me that the permit was at the judge's office. Shouldn't be too long now!
That is the standard answer to everyone who calls!

;)

But seriously, good luck. Hope you hear back soon.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Sue is so nice. I like that they let you call and ask about updates. My buddy on Wrong Island was told that if he EVER called, they would put his application back at the bottom of the pile. He called two weeks ago to do an address amendment since submitting in March because he just bought a house and moved. Doing the right thing and back to the bottom of the pile he went!

Where you going shopping when you get it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sue is so nice. I like that they let you call and ask about updates. My buddy on Wrong Island was told that if he EVER called, they would put his application back at the bottom of the pile. He called two weeks ago to do an address amendment since submitting in March because he just bought a house and moved. Doing the right thing and back to the bottom of the pile he went!

Where you going shopping when you get it?
Yeah, the people in the Madison Co. permit office are great. I tried not to pester them though, since there's not much they can do about when the permit gets issued.

I'll probably go shopping at Frank's Shooting Supply in Canastota. Last time I was there he had a slightly used Sig Sauer 2022 9MM for a pretty decent price, so I might look into that if he still has it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts