New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
808 Posts
Good idea to report it. If the Suspect is in the area again looking at any houses, the odds of them getting caught are now higher. Information is power. I suggest letting any neighbors that you are on good terms with know what transpired tonight. That way they can secure their property and keep a watchful eye.

If you have not invested in a CCTV System yet (Closed Circuit Television), you can get a single nighttime infared camera for about $120.00 cost. If you have a little bit more money to spend, you can buy a nice four camera system with a built in Digital Video Recorder for about $300.00 for the decent lower end models. Most of these systems can record video to about 30 feet from the camera in total darkness.

The wired versions are of course cheaper, but harder to install. I prefer the wired multi-camera sytems over the wireless because they require less baby sitting. The wireless ones sometimes need to be rebooted every once in a while because they get hung up software wise and require a reboot.

· Registered
808 Posts
Where was "I grabbed my gun?"

;)
So I stepped out on my stairs alcove to smoke a cig, and clearly wound up scaring someone that was in the doorway of my garage. (It's a separate building from the house). I was barefoot and in my PJs and couldn't see a thing because not only was it pitch black, but also the position the person was in was behind some garden/ladder type fencing from where I was. I heard the person try to shut the garage door and then take off running. I saw nothing other than maybe some movement. Got back in as fast as I could and grabbed a pistol/flashlight combo and my phone and went out to take a look...
Highlighted it for you. ;)

· Registered
808 Posts
Hex...

Check out Skylinkusa.com - they sell inexpensive wireless home security systems. Starting from very basic (like maybe something with a door sensor and a local siren, which sounds PERFECT for the garage) - to more complex systems with auto-dialers. The point here is to deter - if someone set off an alarm - they will likely go look for an easier meal elsewhere. No one willknow what you have, if its monitored, if the cops are on the way, etc. It can be something simple that accomplishes the same thing as a motion light - the bad guys just wont wanna take the chance.
I have a number of SkylinkUSA alarm products as part of my 'home security' - and there are inexpensive, and work very well. Ive got a couple of sirens, motion sensors, multiple keypads, remotes, an auto dialer, etc. You just cant beat the peace of mind for only a few bucks.
Here's the URL for them: Skylink Group

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.