New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to order some ammo online and have it shipped to the new Cheektowaga store since it opened up yesterday. I was a little upset to see that I couldn't because of "restricted items" in my cart.

Restricted ItemsWhy is this item restricted?
Winchester® .22 LR AmmoThis item cannot ship to New York

The online chat rep I spoke to was completely useless and just said that it is treated as an online order and they can't ship online orders to New York period. Hopefully, if enough of us inform Cabela's that shipping ammo to an FFL to transfer to the buyer is still legal, then they will allow us to order online.

If not, it looks like I'll never be able to buy .22lr ever again.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Well that sucks. When I went there they didn't have any 22 ammo out and that was before the Grand Opening on Thursday. Time to write a letter .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks. When I went there they didn't have any 22 ammo out and that was before the Grand Opening on Thursday. Time to write a letter .
Sucks big time. Before the law went into effect, Cabela's was the ONLY place I was able to successfully order .22lr from at a decent price. Haven't bought a single round of .22 since then.

Write them an email and give them a call. I quoted from the letter on the Safe Act website from D'Amico that says:

"2) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all ammunition transfers take place in person, including internet sales, which must be facilitated by a New York State
ammunition seller. However, organizations that distribute ammunition on their
premises may register to continue to receive direct shipments of ammunition.
Registration forms are available at www.nysafeact.com."

Hopefully someone gets the message.

Also, I work across the street from this store and one of my co-workers went during the "VIP" preview on Wednesday. He said they had a limit of (2) 50rd boxes of .22lr, so don't feel too bad if you missed out.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I went yesterday. I was able to find a box of 333 Remington 22lr but didn't buy it because the line for the register was well over 100 people. I was like screw that, I'm not waiting in line for hours. So there is at least 1 box of .22lr hidden in Cabela's. ;)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
My buddy went to the "preview" opening for Cabela's CC holders. He was able to get 1 box (333) of 22s. I think he paid $19.95. Not sure how long he stood in line (he is not an overly patient person)!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you have any Gander mountains around, they will ship any ammo orders to store for pick up.. Sadly the closest Gander to me is hour away so don't work out much for me to do that..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Gander in NT had .22 on the shelf yesterday. 50 count boxes of Federal... 24.99.

I left that **** right there when I walked out.

F Gander

·
Registered
122 Posts
Gander in NT had .22 on the shelf yesterday. 50 count boxes of Federal... 24.99.

I left that **** right there when I walked out.

F Gander
50 count boxes for $25? u sure not read that wrong or was it some crazy expensive target ammo stuff?. No doubt Gander not cheap but either is Cabelas, Dicks, etc.. Most of what I have gotten from Gander as far as .22 was a couple dollars over what some other places may charge BUT when we talking .22 I much rather pay a couple dollars more than not be able to get it or by from a gouger for $100 a brick lol..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a standard response to my email...
Thank you for sharing this information with Cabela's. It has been passed along to the appropriate people.

Thank you for visiting cabelas.com.

Sincerely,
Amanda B.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was told today the issue of sending ammo direct to the new location is currently being reviewed and will hopefully be resolved soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts