New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the outlook on it,I see it opens 8/7. I was thinking going to Pa next month but maybe this new place will have about the same. I called there today and asked to compare the 2 and they said it's a little smaller than the 1 in Pa. Either way it's a half day roadtrip.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
The Hamburg, PA store is Cabela's largest one. Is the Buffalo store really going to be close? I've been to a few Cabela's and only the KC one came close to PA, and even that was noticeably smaller. That said, I wish they weren't opening one here at all. Now I'm going to have to pay NY tax on my online orders. That blows. Maybe I'll change my credit card's billing address. I ship all of my ammo to Jersey now anyway. ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just found what I was looking for. The cabelas in Buffalo is 88,000 sqft. The Pa cabelas is 250,000 sqft. So the lady I talked to this morning claiming it was just a little bit smaller really had no clue the difference. I'm going to be Pa bound to my 1st cabelas,been to a couple bass pro's with the best being outside Atlanta. It's a good day of entertainment no matter what ya buy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Well I just found what I was looking for. The cabelas in Buffalo is 88,000 sqft. The Pa cabelas is 250,000 sqft. So the lady I talked to this morning claiming it was just a little bit smaller really had no clue the difference. I'm going to be Pa bound to my 1st cabelas,been to a couple bass pro's with the best being outside Atlanta. It's a good day of entertainment no matter what ya buy.
You ever been to the Basspro outside of Harrisburg. I thought that one was a nice store.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No but looking forward to going and maybe see something on a shelf that I haven't seen in a while. Won't be real surprised if I don't though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'll be there on the 5th with my Cabelas CC in hand! :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
They are building a 145,000 sq ft BassPro near the Victor Thruway exit -- no word on opening date.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts