New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped by after work, pretty cool store. Went looking for .22LR since they were freshly opened and should have had a good supply, but it was all gone when I got there near 6pm. .....I have to work.
Lots of reloading supplies, didn't see any powder, so not sure if they carry it, but I was annoyed at the .22LR being gone.
I did hear one of the workers say if they have any left it will put out on Friday morning and they were only allowing 2 per customer.
Great, another store that will be cleaned out by the local hoarders/resellers before I can get there.
Prices on the ammo and reloading supplies were retail of course, didn't really notice and "great" deals.
All in all a nice looking store.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ship to store option will be good for ammo. Looking forward to that. How was the gun selection?
Gander Mnt has more of a selection, but they have way more accesories. They did have 3 rackfulls of Mosin Nagant M91/30's overpriced at $199.99....Mosins are a great rifle, but not a $200 rifle for a run of the mill 91/30

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Talked to manager and they do not have a permit to sell powder yet. So no powder. Had primers though. Bullet prices were high. I just ordered 44 mag bullets at 500 for the same price they had on 250 berry bullets and I got free shipping and no tax. You now have to pay tax on Cabela's purchases in New Joke State.
I did get a Club card and got a $25.00 cash rebate so my decoys cost be $8.00. Sweet. Not a bad store and another option till Field and Stream opens in Henrietta and Bass Pro opens in Victor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the ship to store option will be good for ammo. Looking forward to that. How was the gun selection?
Bad news on the ship-to-store option. They are not allowing ammo shipments to the New York store (citing "New York" regulations). I chatted with an online rep (couldn't call, i'm at work) and the reasoning was because it was treated as an online order, and selecting ship-to-store does not remove it from being classified as an online order.

I'm planning to email and call their corporate office to inform them that as long as it is shipped to store and transferred to me, that it is well within the law. Hopefully, if enough people inform them of the error, they will correct it quickly.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nope! I asked when I was there. They will not ship ammo to the store for pickup! Booo Hissssssssssss! I went home and tried it on the web...No Joy!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yeah big bummer on the ship ammo to store thing, but that may get sorted out and there was a decent selection in the store. The knife selection was pretty dang good too, beats anything else around here in fact I picked up a tiger stripe kershaw blur. Gotta take my nephew there he would get a kick out of the fish tank.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Bad news on the ship-to-store option. They are not allowing ammo shipments to the New York store (citing "New York" regulations). I chatted with an online rep (couldn't call, i'm at work) and the reasoning was because it was treated as an online order, and selecting ship-to-store does not remove it from being classified as an online order.

I'm planning to email and call their corporate office to inform them that as long as it is shipped to store and transferred to me, that it is well within the law. Hopefully, if enough people inform them of the error, they will correct it quickly.
Nope! I asked when I was there. They will not ship ammo to the store for pickup! Booo Hissssssssssss! I went home and tried it on the web...No Joy!
Gander Mntn will ship to store any and all ammo. Anything that is available on line can be shipped to your local store. No shipping fees, just a $6.00 box charge.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looks like Cabela's is checking for permits when you buy ammo. I bought a bunch of the 9mm PMC ammo on sale. At the checkout counter the cashier asked if it was for a long gun or a pistol. I told her long gun and that was the end of it. My guess is if I said pistol I would have been required to show my permit. Not a big deal just another PIA. Cabela's has more accessories than the Gander in Henrietta but I didn't get the sense their inventory of rifles and pistols was any better. They did have a row of mosin's for sale as someone mentioned earlier that I don't think Gander does. A different inventory but not necessarily bigger or better.

I had two gift cards that justified the drive out there but unless they have a really good sale I doubt I would make the drive from Rochester again. I was sort of surprised by the lack of any huge grand opening discounts on ammo or accessories.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Cabelas isn't checking for permits, just proof of age. Their sign says 21 for handgun ammo, I showed my drivers license and had no issues. I went Tuesday and went back this morning. They had a few hundred boxes of 333 count .22 out this morning and it wasn't being attacked, I was surprised. I grabbed a box Tuesday but left today's for other people.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What was the price for the 333 count boxes? All they had when I was there little 50 round boxes for $10, no thank you!!! Liked that they had priv patrizan Garand spec 30-06 in 500 round cans though, gotta save up for one of those!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
According to the ad they are running , it's 14.99 for the 333 box .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.