New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the chance to stop out tonight and check out the new Cabelas. Decent size floor plan with adequate staffing. First stop was at ammo and was advised that while 22LR was in stock, there was a one box limit. Good policy to hopefully limit the hoarders. Picked up a box of Winchester 333 @ $18.99. Checked out the gun library and saw a used Python @ $2700. Wanted to look at a Ruger Red Label but was informed there were no Ruger shotguns in stock. Surprisingly everything was at full retail pricing. No discounts or promotions were offered tonight. The opening tonight was well attended with many lined up outside the store.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Pre grand opening? Shopping a "go"?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I went today also and thought it was great. They had a lot of ammo in all calibers. Prices not that bad for pistol. They also had a lot of reloading supplies.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Are they open for business? I did not think they opened until Thursday. Maybe a soft opening at first?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
GO back a little while ago. No powder at all. Got a box of 22lr, limit was 1. Nothing was on sale, store is cool, prices on guns are high, but not as high as Gander. I'd imagine their sale prices will be competitive with Gander.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Was there today at noon, nice store. I've been to the one in Wheeling and that store was much bigger but this one's pretty sweet. Decent ammo prices and plenty of it. No powder, I asked a guy about it and he said there was no way they could comply with state regs in time but maybe in the future.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
I swung by lunch time today. Lots of .380, 9mm, .38., .357, .40, 10mm, .45acp, .45 long colt, .223 in stock. NO .44 magnum. I found some .444 Marlin! No .35 Rem. Lots of .308 and most other rifle calibers. Good selection of reloading bullets available. You had to wait for a parking spot. Coffee in the snack bar is not half bad for being machine coffee. The checkout line at noon looked like Christmas it was sooooooooo long.

Why is the children's lost and found next to the taxidermy supplies?

I hope the polls are as crowded in November.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ship to store for ammo is not allowed yet. Comes up with a 'cannot ship to New York"' error when I try to ship to that store. Hopefully they get that worked out soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ship to store for ammo is not allowed yet. Comes up with a 'cannot ship to New York"' error when I try to ship to that store. Hopefully they get that worked out soon.
Pretty sure it's in the works. If you speak with a live agent they should be able to assist you.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Stopped in tonight for the first time.

While the new store looks great, I was not at all impressed.

Firearms area is a joke unless you need a scope. They have more cases with scopes than they do guns. Surprisingly many of their guns cost more than Gander.

Ammo selection was a bit of a let down as well.

There were only two people working the counter when I went in. Figured there would be more.

Again, not at all impressed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
GoPerfect... I agree We were far from impressed, Alot of the employees are far from knowledgeable.. and prices are high... No 22 to be found either and the girl at the counter was clueless on the laws.... telling me that its illegal to get handgun ammo without a permit. but if you said it was for a rifle she would sell it to you... then a guy in the reloading section telling my wife she cant shoot the bullets she had in her hand ( she grabbed them for me as i was in another isle) telling her loaded ammo is over there.... she got aggervated after he said it the third time and told him they are to weigh a body down if he didnt leave her be... I was laughing in the next isle.... the best was some tool (trash) asked some young kid working in the ammo area " i want the biggest rifle you got...like a .308" kid proceeds to hand him a box of .50bmg and says this is the biggest... then tells him you cant get one in ny... and tries to sell him on a 458lott or 375 h&h mind you at 100.00 per 10 for just ammo... i laughed and said yes you can get a 50 in ny and he tells me you cant.... So i looked at the kid and told him your better off at gander or even dicks. they might know what they are talking about... dont think the employee liked that but o well Learn the law before you speak up or better yet know your products,,,,, Ill try again in 6 months.... till then Ill come see you at gander :)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I was there tonight as well. It's a busy mess.. I think they have a way to go for educating their gun department workers but the fishing department was great. Hopefully it will get better with time. One thing I noticed was the Mosin rack. 200 a piece for some pretty beat models.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts