New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WASHINGTON - An internal investigation by the Central Intelligence Agency has found that its officers improperly penetrated a computer network used by the Senate Intelligence Committee in preparing its report on the C.I.A.'s detention and interrogation program.

In a statement issued Thursday morning, a C.I.A. spokesman said that agency's Inspector General had concluded that C.I.A. officers acted inappropriately by accessing the computers.

The statement said that John O. Brennan, the C.I.A. director, had apologized to the two senior members of the Senate Intelligence Committee and would set up an internal accountability board to review the matter. The board will be led by former Senator Evan Bayh, Democrat of Indiana.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/w....html?emc=edit_na_20140731&nlid=66523242&_r=0

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
lol... like we expected anything different... pfft, separation of powers... thats for pansies.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can't say I'm shocked about this, especially after Mr. Snowden provided the proof which many people have said for years. I think it makes me feel a little better knowing that just us peons weren't the only ones being spied on, and seeing some Senate Dems get a taste of their own medicine.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
It's a sure sign the trouble this country is in when one of our own (lack of) intelligence agencies is spying on the other. There only admitting it because the Senate got wind of it if you ask me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
After missing the Russian grab on Ukraine, the border influx of minors and failing to warn of China's unilateral actions in the South China...now we know what they have been doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts