New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into buying .223 bulk ammo. Pricing on BVAC is looking good. I've personally never shot nor heard good or bad experiences with it. Anyone here shoot with it?

·
Registered
913 Posts
at .37 each for 500. I'm sure there are better deals out there for brass ammo. cheapest i seen it was 184 for 500 rounds +shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i'm seeing around $170 + shipping on back order. I need 62gr. 55gr. Isn't flying as well out of my gun. I haven't really found any better pricing than that.

Yes I'm kinda set on brass.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Always best to test the ammo and see how your rifle likes it before making a bulk purchase.

M1-TA
Unless your plinking that is.....The steel case ammo is good for that,and your AR should chew it up fine as long as you have a decent AR that is.....Just watch your extractor......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless your plinking that is.....The steel case ammo is good for that,and your AR should chew it up fine as long as you have a decent AR that is.....Just watch your extractor......
True just not a fan of shoot crappy ammo out of it, or spending that much in bulk. Would much rather just spend extra putting decent stuff through it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
True just not a fan of shoot crappy ammo out of it, or spending that much in bulk. Would much rather just spend extra putting decent stuff through it.
I am with you there.....I don't run bargain bin uppers so I damn sure don't run bargain bin steel case ammo through them either....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I won't shoot Russian steel case out of my $800.00 WOA upper.......Bad Joo-Joo man....! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just having a very hard time find 62 gr in .223 which is leading me to this ammo. Is there a big difference between .223 and 5.56? My Rock River will shoot it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm just having a very hard time find 62 gr in .223 which is leading me to this ammo. Is there a big difference between .223 and 5.56? My Rock River will shoot it.
i just picked up 1600 rounds of 5.56 62gr green tip ammo. if you wanna buy some for .30 a round send me a pm

EDIT seen you are looking for .223 that does your barrel say?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Palmetto state has the best prices on ammo right now. PMC 223 which is pretty hot @3200fps and my plinking round is 6.49 a box and FREE SHIPPING. The XTAC 55gr is 7.19 with free shipping and the 62gr xtac is 7.69 and of course free ship. How can you go wrong with that? I personally like PMC ammo and run it in all my firearms

·
Registered
913 Posts
i have a bunch of PMC 223 mixed in with what i just bought. will sell it cheaper then Palmetto after i fingure out how much i have, I'm in buffalo

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i have a bunch of PMC 223 mixed in with what i just bought. will sell it cheaper then Palmetto after i fingure out how much i have, I'm in buffalo
Link......I will take some off your hands when you figure out what you have for sure and how much you want for it,and would you ship ?? I live about 2 1/2 hours SE of you.....Please keep me in mind.....Thank you....:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
would rather sell local just better that way for me. but ill keep you in mind. will prob offer it to this OP first as he is local and looking to buy .223 glass and so far out of the 300 on stripper clips 60 rounds has been the PCM

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
would rather sell local just better that way for me. but ill keep you in mind. will prob offer it to this OP first as he is local and looking to buy .223 glass and so far out of the 300 on stripper clips 60 rounds has been the PCM
That's cool man.....Thank you anyway....:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts