New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email notice from NYS Department of Taxation and aggravation.

They're issuing my "Family Tax Credit Refund" within a couple days. What a blatant attempt to curry favor with the voters and to buy votes. It seems criminal that the governor can get away with this.

I'll be using mine to buy my hunting and fishing license and ammo.

Screw you, Cuomo.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's "found" money (even though it came from us "worker bees") so it'd be good to send it to SCOPE,SAF or GOA to fund the lawsuits.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
It's "found" money (even though it came from us "worker bees") so it'd be good to send it to SCOPE,SAF or GOA to fund the lawsuits.
I wouldn't call that found. I'd call that stolen money.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
You're welcome!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't call that found. I'd call that stolen money.
I agree. I give NYS a lot more money than I'm getting back from this bribe. I have no problem chipping in more than my fair share of tax revenue, if it's being used appropriately (my definition of appropriately is pretty narrow).

I have a huge problem with them giving it back this way. The last thing we need for most problems is more laws, but I wish there was a law against "refunds" or credits being issued during an election year.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I have no problem chipping in more than my fair share of tax revenue, if it's being used appropriately (my definition of appropriately is pretty narrow).
Magnanimous and charitable of you.

I agree that we should all be upset about confiscatory levels of ever-rising taxation being paid to a government with no fiscal accountability.

As I've told people, I'm not against taxes. I'm against waste, fraud, and abuse by those who spend my tax money. I don't want to hear about the "need" to raise taxes until I get a full accounting of how my tax money is being spent. If we, the taxpayers, can agree that all of our money is being spent wisely and efficiently, then we will entertain government "requests" for more money. Until then, the government needs to keep their dirty money-grubbing hands out of my wallet!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
When they decided they were gonna do this rebate we all commented on how convenient it was the checks would arrive just before the elections. I suppose it's too much to hope people stamp them with a "Cuomo's gotta go" stamp and return to sender.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

They're issuing my "Family Tax Credit Refund" within a couple days. What a blatant attempt to curry favor with the voters and to buy votes. It seems criminal that the governor can get away with this.

Screw you, Cuomo.
send a % to Astorino...just a suggestion

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The empire state treats it's resisidents like a pimp does with his whores.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

Screw you, Cuomo.
I like the ammo part but don't give it back to the state for a license buy more ammo lol

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
No offense to anyone who has a family by saying this because I hope to have one of these days. But we can't fix a important bridge linking the island to the city of New Yorkistan but we have a surplus to piss away to people? This makes my head hurt a lot

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm going to cash that check and use it to buy gas in New Jersey. Maybe also a remote start system for my car, or a high quality window tinting. Either way, it's going to my car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If anyone deserves a refund, it is those people who pay a load for school taxes, and have no children. That would be more reasonable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts