New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great deal on pre ban third gen S&W 9mm' s and I want to buy two. I'm having them transfered to my local FFL dealer. Does anyone know if Niagara country will issue me two purchase coupons at once?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Actually if your buying from a store in Niagara County you can only buy one a day. We were just talking about it last week at Johnsons. I was in there looking at some stuff and there was a guy buying an M&P 9mm and an M&P .22. He was able to purchase them no problem obviously but was told he could pick one up today and had to wait for the other one tomorrow.
I don't know how true this is it is just what he was told at the store. I was going to call the clerk and ask but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Agree, 2 pistols at once is a non-issue in Niagara. I don't think there is a limit. $3 per amendment.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I don't think they would give you any trouble since it does not have to go before a judge or anything they just put them on.
Not to hijack your thread but, I've heard that no matter what, all ammendments do go before the judge. The clerk will add them and issue your pick up coupon but the paperwork does go to the judge eventually.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but, I've heard that no matter what, all ammendments do go before the judge. The clerk will add them and issue your pick up coupon but the paperwork does go to the judge eventually.
Not in Niagara. The amendments are filed within the pistol permit office and the only time they'd go before a judge is during a permit revocation.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Not in Niagara. The amendments are filed within the pistol permit office and the only time they'd go before a judge is during a permit revocation.
That's what I thought about Yates also. We walk in, the clerk adds it to your permit and your out the door. I had heard that a guy on here had a hard time with the judge signing off on his amendment, so in passing I asked if the county now required the judge to sign off on everything. I thought she said it was state law that the judge had to approve all amendments. I need to get up to DMV so if I have time I'll pop in and ask her. She hasn't seen my little guy in about 6 months so she'll love it if I stop in with him. Hopefully I'll have an answer soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts