New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to buy my first holster, but there are so many options, it's a little difficult to know what I should look for when buying one. It seems like a lot of them depend on me wearing a belt, but I don't wear belts, so that's not really helpful.

Anyway, any tips offered would be greatly appriciated.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
What pistol is it for? How do you want to carry (shoulder holster, inside waistband holster, outside waistband holster)?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Start wearing a belt! I'm a Galco and Durbin fan.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
For concealed carry? Inside the waistband?

You're going to start wearing a good belt.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't CC, so I guess that's out.

I'm hoping to buy one for each of my pistols, which includes my PPK, 1911 and Baby Desert Eagle (if I can find one).

I'm not really sure how I want to wear it. I'm looking to get some holsters for a "probably won't use them that much, but I want to have them just in case I have to for whatever reason" type situation.

I guess I just want something comfortable. I'm also wondering what material I should choose.

Sorry, I get that it's kind of vague. Maybe just list some good brands or actual holsters that you like?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If it is just going to be for the range and OWB then I would seek out some prices from Roc city or Blade-tec.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For OWB, I'm a big fan of Safariland. Very solid build, comfortable, keeps gun secure, and has an extremely easy draw.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
That certainly looks like a holster I would like. I greatly prefer all leather over anything kydex, and I almost always carry OWB. I notice right away that is has very little if any cant to it, and that's something that I look for in a holster, but something most folks I've talked to about it do not. Everyone is different, but I like a straight vertical draw, it just works for me. That's also a body type/shape thing, a canted angle helps some people conceal better. I'd say that's a good find, especially considering the options for the baby eagle are a bit limited. Actually.. I'm bookmarking that in case I ever decide I want a holster for my baby eagle. The thing about holsters though is that almost everyone I've ever known has had to go through a number of them before they found exactly what worked best for their body and draw style.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I started with Fobus. They are good, I went to comptac which I like a little more for my S&W. I have used it at the last IDPA and its less bulky then the fobus. I recently got a Holster made by rocity on the forum and couldnt be happier with that too. Its for my IWB Shield but im sure he can make OWB holster an cant imagine the quality would be any different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts