New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Looking for information. I live in Orange County NY and have checked local ranges and stores for guns. I have found that most online stores such as Bud's have much lower pricing than local shops.
Does anyone know of someone with a FFL in Orange County that will take receipt of guns from these stores?
If so what do they charge on average?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I know master class is monroe will do transfers- when i asked them about it, they were like give me a chance to match the price before you order it. Check the online stores- many times the bigger ones have relationships with local ffl. Give them a call. I beleive Davis will also do them but not sure how much they charge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Will check master class. Have they actually matched a online price for you?
Looked at a gun there used, that was higher than I could buy a new online.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
don't forget that you have to pay for shipping/FFL fees when buying online.

You should take a trip over to Collector Guns & Ammo in Hopewell (Dutchess county). They have store prices that beat online prices on alot of items, they also stock things that you don't normally see in shops around here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bud's has an FFL Finder Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop-- FFL Search. You plug in your zip code and choose mileage of the search. It'll give you a list of FFL's in your area.
If they show up in Green, they're already on file at Bud's which will save you some time.
Bud's shipping is free for my last rifle and pistol.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Gun shops are wayyyyyy overpriced- this makes sense though, they have higher costs being a brick and mortar store. The gun i am pricing out is 250+ more at any gun shop i have seen than online (walther PPS) - around here they charge ~25-75 dollars for the transfer depending on how much they dislike online sales.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gun shops are wayyyyyy overpriced- this makes sense though, they have higher costs being a brick and mortar store. The gun i am pricing out is 250+ more at any gun shop i have seen than online (walther PPS) - around here they charge ~25-75 dollars for the transfer depending on how much they dislike online sales.
Jacksons Guns and Ammo in Henrietta is pretty damn good about pricing. I've bought my AK47 ($425), Remington 700 ($550), Glock 23 ($450), and M&P40 ($495). If you check online for comparison, his prices are very very close. By the time you pay for an FFL and shipping, you'd be paying just as much as buying the gun from Jacksons and paying tax (in most cases). I've had very good experiences with them so I'd recommend giving him a call or email. If he doesn't have it, he'll get it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts