New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin cannot find ammo at the Walmart near him, is it illegal for me to grab him a box on my next trip and give them to him?

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
no it is not illegal. The requirements for background checks to buy ammo is a requirement on the store. For private transactions of ammo there is no requirement for background checks and there is no such thing as a straw purchase of ammo.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
My cousin cannot find ammo at the Walmart near him, is it illegal for me to grab him a box on my next trip and give them to him?
I am not a legal counsel but ...
Assuming there is no reason why a family member should not have any ammo (legal, medical or psychiatric reasons) that morally and legally could be challenged, the law doesn't say anything about being able to buy supplies and give them as a present for Christmas. I expect many parents will be buying ammo for their children if they are shooting a skeet league or something.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
nope , not illegal to. just gotta deal with BS store rules, they may act like they know the law bout this, but ultimately it's their rules and if they wanna bust your sak they have every right too.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Damn it! You are a friggin American citizen. What part of "Shall not be infringed" don't you understand. Sorry not screaming at you, I am screaming at all of us we are all frogs in a pot.
The rest of America does not have these issues people! Just us because we allowed it to happen.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I split case ammo buys all the time with other people. My FFL charges a one time 5 dollar fee no matter how much is delivered. When background checks happen he's going to 20 bucks.

We buy 3,000 rounds at a time. It's completely legal.

·
Registered
735 Posts
no, no ,no! ......this is what the ammo purchase log that will be kept by local police is all about.....

Example: You buy ammo for a .223 - so-called assault weapon in NY but you do not have any assault weapons registered in NY. You now can expect a 20 member SWAT team to smash down your doors and destroy your home as they look for the illegal gun.

BUY AMMO FOR ANOTHER PERSON IN NY????? NO, NO, NO !!!!!

USE YOUR HEAD !!!!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
no, no ,no! ......this is what the ammo purchase log that will be kept by local police is all about.....

Example: You buy ammo for a .223 - so-called assault weapon in NY but you do not have any assault weapons registered in NY. You now can expect a 20 member SWAT team to smash down your doors and destroy your home as they look for the illegal gun.

USE YOUR HEAD !!!!
Really? How many different type of calibers a sporting rifle can shoot? ... let me think? .... 30 or 40 calibers.
Also aren't there any firearms other than sporting rifles chambered in 223 and 5.56.

We hope someone tries what you are saying. More legal ammunition to take this non sense down even faster.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I split case ammo buys all the time with other people. My FFL charges a one time 5 dollar fee no matter how much is delivered. When background checks happen he's going to 20 bucks.

We buy 3,000 rounds at a time. It's completely legal.
Until the state police kick your front door in because you bought "too much" ammo.

·
Registered
740 Posts

USE YOUR HEAD !!!!
Please tell me you're joking....

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Pathetic this is even an issue.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
According to Bangitammo it is ! The owner of Bangitammo states that you cannot buy ammo for some one else or drop ship it to another state because it's against fed rules ( I know he is full of BS ) but he claims that in order to buy ammo from him, these are his rules . ( I wouldn't buy anything from him anyways . His bio says that he used to be a resident of NY who moved to SC and now sells ammo . ) you might want to check his site out but don't buy anything as it's waaaay over priced . I personaly think it's really funny that he wants business but has such silly rules for any purchases . I was looking at ammo bot and his site came up ,that's how I found him . Just for giggles you might want to drop him a line to know that no matter how hard you are for ammo , he would be the last place you would buy from ! I did !

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
:hissyfit:
I really hope that you were making an attempt at humor, because you just implied that I am a traitor,and I don't take kindly to that.

You owe me an apology.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts