New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Kel-Tec Sub2000 and it takes Beretta 96 mags. I have like 8 mags. I also have 5 of the 22LR Beretta Practice mags.

The issue is that I'm waiting for the 22LR kits to come back in stock. From Beretta...if I'm fast enough, I can get them for $400 shipped. The Beretta 96 itself, in great condition, is going to blow a hole in about $700.

That's $1,100 for one handgun setup. Why? Because I have a Sub2000 that takes the same mags. Does that justify being married to this setup?

My other option is to purchase a Smith & Wesson MP22. The HUGE downside is that there are no mags for this gun out there. So I'd be stuck with basically one mag. However, I can get this handgun all day long until 4/15. I would then pick up a MP9 or MP40 for home defense. Again, hard to find mags for these guns.

So what do I do? I keep leaning towards the Beretta 96 since I have the mags in my hands already. Owning a gun and having a single mag for it really sucks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I could also sell my Sub2000 and all the mags, Red Lion Quad Rail and the Vortex Strikefire on it. I love the gun but I've spent to much money on this stuff and I don't think I would miss it.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I have all 3 of those pistols,the M&P22lr,M&P 9 and the M&P 40 the 9 and the 40 both come with 2 magazines when you buy them,the M&P 22lr only comes with 1 magazine,all 3 of these pistols the mags are out there but with a very high price on them the 22lr especially..

I really like all 3 of them they fit and feel good in my hand the down side I have not shot them let,lol

If you can find any extra mags for any of the M&P I go that route but since there hard to find and very pricey to get I would stay with the Beretta simply because you already have the mags for it..

·
Registered
905 Posts
i have shot a 96 with a practice kit on it. it shot & functioned well. i have a sneaky feeling you may not see the kits for sale again from beretta. seems likes it's been 2-3 years since last available from them. see them on GB from time to time in the $400-$550 range. the 96 is a nice gun just a little fat.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I want a sub2000!! I've been looking for one for a couple years with no luck. Too bad they are 'assault weapons' now and I can't have one.

Sorry I have no solution for your problem though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, I decided to sell my Beretta conversion kit mags. I have 4 of them for sale for less than factory price, never used. I'm just going to get a MP22 and an MP9 or MP40. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Sub2000.

I'll hunt down dome magazines. Feeling the pinch now though. All my AR mags are sold, have none...some supposed to be incoming but still waiting to here from LCJWholesale. All that money I made on the mags has been spend on other overpriced stuff lol.

I wanted to build another AR but I think I have about exhausted all possible means to buy the parts I need for my stripped lowers. It will take months if not a year to recover from this financially as my wife was kind enough to allow me to use some of our renovation money on these purchases....the ones she knew about anyway lol.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
If you decide you want to sell the Sub2000, I'm interested. No pressure, though. ;)
I'll be a PA resident in another month-ish, so it would mean waiting just a bit.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still on the fence about selling it. It was IMPOSSIBLE to find. The one saving grace is that the Beretta 96 mags are everywhere! Hell....Gander Mountain has some really nice MecGar(sp?) for $15 a mag, which is awesome.

I love the .40cal in the carbine. Makes more sense then a tiny 9mm and it packs a punch. The gun itself is mint condition with awesome mods.

Picture 003.jpg Picture 004.jpg Picture 006.jpg Picture 007.jpg

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know if I sell it...I'll never have another one. Not even sure Kel-Tec is even making these right now. They are probably the most rare production gun of their kind.

·
3,501 Posts
I know if I sell it...I'll never have another one. Not even sure Kel-Tec is even making these right now. They are probably the most rare production gun of their kind.
Yeah, I get that. My dad (in UT) has a couple things that you can't easily find anymore, but he doesn't shoot much. He took them to a dealer to sell, then went back and took them home again a couple days later!

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Well, I decided to sell my Beretta conversion kit mags. I have 4 of them for sale for less than factory price, never used. I'm just going to get a MP22 and an MP9 or MP40. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Sub2000.

I'll hunt down dome magazines. Feeling the pinch now though. All my AR mags are sold, have none...some supposed to be incoming but still waiting to here from LCJWholesale. All that money I made on the mags has been spend on other overpriced stuff lol.

I wanted to build another AR but I think I have about exhausted all possible means to buy the parts I need for my stripped lowers. It will take months if not a year to recover from this financially as my wife was kind enough to allow me to use some of our renovation money on these purchases....the ones she knew about anyway lol.
I sent you a PM on the Beretta mags.

James

·
3,501 Posts
Lunch break. Came back to look at your pics - nice! That's the long forend? I watched someone else shoot one of these and they kept laughing. Hard not to want one when you see that.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All the forends are the same length. The aftermarket hand guards or rail systems vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. This one has a Red Lion Precision R6 rotating and indexing unit. So you can mount any optics, rotate the forend and then fold the gun in half.

·
3,501 Posts
Got it. I thought the entire unit was sold together in different lengths. After checking their website I see what you mean. Always something to learn!!

I'm headed out to Heritage Guild in Easton, PA weekend after next. They have both the M&P 22lr and the M&P 9 that you can rent. They don't have the Beretta 96, but do have the 92A1.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Keltec makes a Canadian version with a longer barrel

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Carey after I seen you today I went straight to GM they just got some 223 there limiting you 10 boxes per day and per person,They had Remington 223 at $10 a box wish you where with me could have had you bought some for me,they also had 2 different types of American Eagle one was $18 per box the other I am not sure..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts