New York Firearms Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I posted this because he is involved locally with oregon militias. He was at bundy ranch and sugar pine mines. And he is saying the local people and Militia do not want this. These guys are from out of state . I don't like what the BLM does to these ranchers but we have to be careful to which cart we hitch to . These guys up there broke into a building that doesn't belong to them . This is not something I personally would involve myself in.
I have no idea why he mentioned the native American thing . If you want to go and do something such as this you better be sure you have the locals hearts and minds.
I don't see any counter-protests by the locals demanding Patriots leave. Hammonds distanced themselves from the Patriots, but they didn't condemn them. In fact Hammonds thanked them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Overall, this is not a good situation. Is it not illegal to possess a firearm on federal property? If so, these folks are breaking the law. Their protest is moot as they cannot deny the fact that they are on federal property and are implying violence if they are forced to be vacate. The level is as great as that when the Black Panthers marched in armed protest in Texas. However, in that case they were not on federal or "gun-free" zones.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
1. Even the biased media admits there is a controversy around how the Hammonds were treated.

2. There are only 150 armed patriots there now. What do you think will happen to that number should Obama issue executive orders that actually hurt gun ownership?

3. Mass shootings were always a catalyst for gun control. Stand-off against the government never was. Arguably these had an opposite effect.

4. Hammonds distancing themselves from this, doesn't mean they didn't gain the leverage it provided. They could be working out a deal with the feds that otherwise wouldn't happen.

5. I would be more receptive to what the Oathkeepers and Sipsey St. have to say, if they actually had a record of achieving anything.
To put it succintly, it takes a crap-ton of chutzpah to criticize Oath Keepers, and especially Mike Vanderboegh, for not having a "record" of doing anything. I suggest you go to Sipsey Street and listen to Mike's speeches at numerous venues that had the potential for very serious repercussions. The Oath Keepers have been "boots on" a number of times - that's a fact.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
To put it succintly, it takes a crap-ton of chutzpah to criticize Oath Keepers, and especially Mike Vanderboegh, for not having a "record" of doing anything. I suggest you go to Sipsey Street and listen to Mike's speeches at numerous venues that had the potential for very serious repercussions. The Oath Keepers have been "boots on" a number of times - that's a fact.
They didn't "ACHIEVE" anything. Their speeches and "boots on" is hollow symbolism like most of your inane posts.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Overall, this is not a good situation. Is it not illegal to possess a firearm on federal property? If so, these folks are breaking the law. The level is as great as that when the Black Panthers marched in armed protest in Texas. However, in that case they were not on federal or "gun-free" zones.
I dont think they are concerned with being labeled a criminal or going to jail. They are willing to put everything on the line for their beliefs . Breaking a law right now is the least of their worries

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
They didn't "ACHIEVE" anything. Their speeches and "boots on" is hollow symbolism like most of your inane posts.
Wow, insulting, no facts to refute my post (but "most" of my posts are "inane"), demonstrably false and lack of evidence you have "achieved" anything. I don't claim to have achieved anything but you think you can judge anyway. All I can say is:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

To paraphrase Monte Walsh - "...you have no idea how little I care".

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
This has quite a bit of backstory and if only half of it is true, the people in that area should be righteously incensed at the BLM and other alphabet agencies involved for all the crap they have put the ranchers through over the years.
Strangely, it would seem many just don't care or their voices aren't being heard.
The fact that the Hammond's are happy to go off to prison AGAIN should tell anyone what they need to know about this circus: It's a setup.
They have been on the receiving end of a federal agency with an agenda for years and yet nobody seems to be mentioning it.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Wow, insulting, no facts to refute my post (but "most" of my posts are "inane"), demonstrably false and lack of evidence you have "achieved" anything. I don't claim to have achieved anything but you think you can judge anyway. All I can say is:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

To paraphrase Monte Walsh - "...you have no idea how little I care".
You do understand the difference between doing something and achieving something. Rational debate can only be based on intellectual honesty. You fail.
BTW, I usually skip most of the posts with your screen name. They are filled with inane drivel, designed to turn off rather than inspire. I have my own suspicions why that seems to be the case, but I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
You do understand the difference between doing something and achieving something. Rational debate can only be based on intellectual honesty. You fail.
BTW, I usually skip most of the posts with your screen name. They are filled with inane drivel, designed to turn off rather than inspire. I have my own suspicions why that seems to be the case, but I will leave it at that.
If you're insinuating that I'm a "troll", it would be a mistaken assumption. I use the same "handle" here, ARFcom (don't post much there anymore), and in posts at Sipsey Street. Also, I have posted my CV on THIS site, with my real name, and all relevant career and work experience - minus phone numbers and address. Why don't you follow suit? - and I'll post mine AGAIN.

And my posts are to "turn off"?? Say what?? Usually there is little comment by myself, as in one long thread I started, just for the reasons your present comments here make all too obvious - ad hominum attacks with no intent to enrich the thread at all. I post what I find of interest (and yes, I read ALL of them first) - if no one finds it of interest they can ignore it, report it as a waste of bandwidth, or put me on their "Ignore" list.

Inspire??!! Inspire what?? A call to arms?? Spreading disinformation?? Insulting other Forum members?? I find the situation in this country perilous at best, and there isn't much "feel good" news out there.

So, having wasted a few minutes of my time, Welcome to my "Ignore" list - maybe you and Juanjo will have fun together.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Whenever there was any mention of armed rally in Albany, your position was, no need to do anything because revolution is around the corner, just sit tight and wait. Now when something is materializing along those lines, you are here knocking it. Doesn't smell right.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
This has quite a bit of backstory and if only half of it is true, the people in that area should be righteously incensed at the BLM and other alphabet agencies involved for all the crap they have put the ranchers through over the years.
Strangely, it would seem many just don't care or their voices aren't being heard.
The fact that the Hammond's are happy to go off to prison AGAIN should tell anyone what they need to know about this circus: It's a setup.
They have been on the receiving end of a federal agency with an agenda for years and yet nobody seems to be mentioning it.
Wheels, I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of the residents in and around this area are employed by the BLM or some other federal or state agencies.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Wheels, I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of the residents in and around this area are employed by the BLM or some other federal or state agencies.
I have read the number of locals employed by BLM and Fish and Wildlife is as high as 50%. Still...there should be plenty of ranchers and even non ranchers with plenty of disgust to spread.
Again, it would seem that this crap has been going on for a very long time and many ranchers just couldn't make ends meet with an agency gunning for their livelihoods and eventually their private property. The BLM appears to have been instrumental in forcing many of them out.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The media is reporting that locals are sympathetic to the Hammonds, but not the patriot take over. The media is CYA, because they know if this does get violent everything that led up to this will be examined and re-examined under the microscope and there is a strong case of government abuse of power.
Some of the locals are also participating in this action.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.