New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've been looking for a bullpup stock for M1 Carbine, but it seems quite futile?
Can it really be true, that this option isn't on the market?

Sincerly

Thomas

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm very familiar with what's available for the M! carbine, and I've never heard of any bullpup stocks. closest thing you are going to get is the paratrooper folding stock and that's illegal in our illustrious state. It would be cool though if one were available

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am (fortunately?) not restricted by US law (I live in Greenland) ;-)

But that aside; I've forund an israeli build prototype, that didn't make the market apparently. It looked really cool though.

It looks like the bullpup market/fanbase is growing, which makes me wonder: Why isn't there a bullpup-stock for the M1 carbine?
I've seen a couple of kits for the Ruger Mini 14, so I don't believe there's any technically problems, or am I wrong?

I am kind of a "purist", when it comes these kind of rifles, so I do agree, that it is a shame to convert and rebuild these old rifles. Fortunataly I have found a solution to that predicament: Get two of each! Rebuild one, and keep the other original :) I've done this with my Mosin Nagants and are about to this with US Enfield 1917, and maybe the Mauser 98K's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
But that aside; I've forund an israeli build prototype, that didn't make the market apparently. It looked really cool though.
Pics? I love prototype firearms.

As an aside, this brings up a thought exercise that I have been going through on-and-off: is it possible to design a semi-auto bullpup that is NY compliant. Certainly, those available for sale all violate the SAFE Act with their pistol grips or thumb-hole stocks. However, that doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Pics? I love prototype firearms.

As an aside, this brings up a thought exercise that I have been going through on-and-off: is it possible to design a semi-auto bullpup that is NY compliant. Certainly, those available for sale all violate the SAFE Act with their pistol grips or thumb-hole stocks. However, that doesn't mean that it isn't possible.
You would have to have a fixed mag and make it be able to top-load. Some manner of cover-plate over the magazine that could be flipped up. Or a mag like on a 700, where you could feed rounds in from the ejection port. The only major drawback you'd have is what happens when you have a jam and rounds are stuck down in the magazine. The 700's magazine, and other bolt guns, can swing down from the frame for such an event to easily remove rounds, but I would wonder if that still constitutes 'detachable mag.'

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
You would have to have a fixed mag and make it be able to top-load. Some manner of cover-plate over the magazine that could be flipped up. Or a mag like on a 700, where you could feed rounds in from the ejection port. The only major drawback you'd have is what happens when you have a jam and rounds are stuck down in the magazine. The 700's magazine, and other bolt guns, can swing down from the frame for such an event to easily remove rounds, but I would wonder if that still constitutes 'detachable mag.'
Sorry, should have said "with a detachable magazine." Fixed magazine is always a solution, but so would be making a pump version. However, the problem that I was thinking of was trying make a NY compliant detachable magazine, semi-auto bullpup.

Nice!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!
After many years of trial and error I finally figured out how to bring the M1 Carbine into the 21 century.
We all love the M1 Carbine in its classic form, but it can be made into a better/shorter home defense weapon that can use tactical lights and lasers.
This M1Bullpup design is only 26 and 1/4 inches long and can even be fired with one hand like a pistol. The center weight is just above the wrist making it easy to control while shooting.
Yes.... This is a converted Muzzelite stock that has been reinforced and the trigger has been made crisper.
I have fired over 100 rounds through this with no problems. I even shot this left handed. I get a couple shells deflecting off my chin but I could barely feel them.
There really is no blowback into my face shooting it left handed. I was very surprised.

This can be only made to fit the USGI M1 Carbine with the adjustable rear sight. The USGI Shell deflector (Included) attaches to this sight only and not the old flip up sight.
Also included is the QD sling swivel and rails.
(Sight not included)

I am building these per order at $199.00 with free shipping. PM me or send me an e-mail if you want one.
M1Bullpup.com

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Machine gun
M1 Carbine Bullpup stock. www.M1Bullpup.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts