New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I hear about a bullet button, when I did some googling... all I got was pictures of bullets as buttons and xbox 360 controllers with bullets as buttons. now I see an article that says that its a special button for guns like ar 15's that somehow make the gun compliant to the law that prevents them from having removable mags, and pistol grips.(?) yet I am confudderled. its a button that releases the mag... on... wait.... wtf... this dont make any sense. my head is about to pop... some plz explain what the heck changes, how this affects the ar and how this makes it legal? does this work for NY like take away the evilness of the gun? JUST SOOOOOO LOST!

is googling a word? it dont come up in spell check. and I am lost.... I feel a soft spot on my head now this isnt good...

· Registered
5,312 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
California laws are in some ways crazier than ours. The way their law is written ar's are illegal with a normal mag release. The bullet button makes it legal because you have to use a tool to release the mag. The bullet is now a tool, as is the person that wrote that law.

· Registered
3,023 Posts
Unfortunately adding a bullet button in an AR or AK in NY doesn't make it a non-removable magazine, or at least it hasn't been tested in the courts yet and the NYSP haven't issued an opinion on it yet.

California, unlike NY, has a definition of what makes something a removable magazine, which is something to the effect of a magazine that is part of the rifle and can not be removed without the use of a tool - so some genius of a mechanical engineer figured out a way to make a mad release that requires a special tool or tip of a bullet to be inserted in order to remove the magazine and complying with California gun laws.

NY laws are vague which means that there is a lot left to interpretation which works both ways - but unfortunately the way the authorities see it is the only one that matters.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts

· Registered
4,733 Posts
And you guys complain about NY....

· Registered
240 Posts
You think that is stupid check out their assault weapon chart:

California Assault Weapon ID Flowchart
Just seeing that should tell you there is something wrong out there, and by proxy in general in our country. In all honesty, Motor Vehicles are driven with very little in the way of mandatory training and the tests are a joke, and yet the potential to kill is just as great as any firearm I have seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.