New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bulk Rifle Ammo For Sale

The title says it all. We aren't free citizens. We're subjects to the state of NY. The days of affordable ammunition are OVER until we get this law overturned.

·
Registered
896 Posts
how nice of them to throw in a can of "Ultra spray lube" They know we NYers need it.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Looking at some of those prices they should give the lube for free not with an over $122 order..
lol,i was thinking the same thing.I guess im all set for now on ammo.I could use that can of lube for reloading though

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I think this is awesome. Too bad their prices suck. $99 for a brick of 22lr, I don't think so. There message to NY's was positive though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mixed feelings here. On one hand they give the impression that they feel for us and they are standing with us. On the other hand their pricing is sooooo cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
They need to replace all the Welcome to NY signs with this, since we've become the laughing stock of the US.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
That is fantastic.

Its nice to get some solidarity from a company out of state. I don't hold it against any of them for not wanting to do business with NY, particularly with UnSafe going into effect. This state sucks for business as well as for guns.

That being said, I wish we weren't getting screwed so bad that we need the lube.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I can understand the humor but it doesn't really endear me to that company and puts even a worse taste in my mouth than I already have over this situation.

A donation to our cause would have been nicer and classier, and at those gouger prices they could certainly afford it. Someone needs to tell them the ammo panic is winding down.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I can understand the humor but it doesn't really endear me to that company and puts even a worse taste in my mouth than I already have over this situation.

A donation to our cause would have been nicer and classier, and at those gouger prices they could certainly afford it. Someone needs to tell them the ammo panic is winding down.
Sometimes the truth hurts, and while mockery is often a bitter pill to swallow, it can be medicine to the soul for those willing to contemplate the... thrust of it.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Sometimes the truth hurts, and while mockery is often a bitter pill to swallow, it can be medicine to the soul for those willing to contemplate the... thrust of it.
I'll be honest with you.

It's not a bitter pill, it just pisses me off.

The country was just a couple of votes away from these kinds of laws being passed for everybody, The Manchin bill that was supposedly just for "common sense" universal background checks contained an amendment which constituted a full AWB ban. A big loss next year will ensure that NYS style laws will become the law for everyone, remember Bongo has a full 2 years left, and he'll pass anything that comes across his desk.

Yes, we're in trouble here, gosh that's funny. But when it comes to your state in a federal law then the laughing stops, especially when you're an internet seller of ammo that can't sell to anyone anymore...

Having a little bit of class and manners towards other people is totally free, but I guess the cost is still too high for some people....

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Wouldn't mind throwing an order their way. I especially like that they're shipping up to the last moment- gotta respect that. But 1,000 rounds of .45 regular ol' FMJ "On Sale!" for $500? Huh?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.
Careful mate. Crying could be construed as a reason to put you on the mental health database.

Its all smiles in the People's Republic of New York (PRNY). Kim Jung Cuomo commands it.

Or else.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'll be honest with you.

It's not a bitter pill, it just pisses me off.

The country was just a couple of votes away from these kinds of laws being passed for everybody, The Manchin bill that was supposedly just for "common sense" universal background checks contained an amendment which constituted a full AWB ban. A big loss next year will ensure that NYS style laws will become the law for everyone, remember Bongo has a full 2 years left, and he'll pass anything that comes across his desk.

Yes, we're in trouble here, gosh that's funny. But when it comes to your state in a federal law then the laughing stops, especially when you're an internet seller of ammo that can't sell to anyone anymore...

Having a little bit of class and manners towards other people is totally free, but I guess the cost is still too high for some people....
Everyone sees things like this differently.

Mockery isn't necessarily intended to be funny, its intended to evoke a strong reaction. Political cartoons and such have been a mainstay to make a point since the Revolution. Consider this image after the Intolerable Acts were passed by the British after the Boston Tea Party:

800px-RapeBoston.jpg

This drawing was called the Rape of Boston. It shows British officials and Red Coats pouring tea down the woman's throat while she is being held down, and one man is looking up her skirt (a shocking notion at the time). It mocked the British, certainly, but it also, by implication, mocked the Americans IMO as well, because it was a scandal for men of the day to let anyone accost a woman like that and do nothing about it. It was a very influential image in its time, and speaks to me even now.

That image by Bulkammo is doing the same thing. Its not just reminding us that we're being screwed or buggered, its pointing out that we're letting them do it to us.

Burns, doesn't it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts