New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to build a custom Glock. I know After the April deadline you can't buy a new gun with 10 round mags. I was going to buy a frame, then the slide and barrel, and use mags I already have. Do you think this will be possible to buy all the parts individually?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would think one part of the gun would be illegal to purchase without a license , otherwise anyone could make their own Glock or any handgun.

I believe the frame is the part that can't be purchased without a license.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Possible yes, convenient...Not to sure? Need to come up with a NEW, neutered, "legal", 7 round mag right?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The Lower is considered the firearm and is treated just like any other firearm! No slipping past the rules just because it is parts! Seems to me the mag will be the problem after 4-15.

I would think one part of the gun would be illegal to purchase without a license , otherwise anyone could make their own Glock or any handgun.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Definitely.........I have been buying magazines for pistols I want and I don't even have my permit yet. Thank God we have a couple of months grace period on that.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Get the mags and the frame before the April 15 th deadline. I had a g34 on order at my LGS. There was no way they could get one for me by the deadline so basically I'm screwed on that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand the frame has to go to an FFL, but my point is there are no magazines anywhere in this transaction. Obviously gun companies are not going to sell new guns here with no mags. If I already have Glock mags, I'd order just a frame (sent to my FFL) then all the other things I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts