New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have good source for adjustable Buffer Tube Kit?
Mil Spec 6 Postion.

I've found the DPMS for $99.99, so I could go with that one, but any other input is always appreciated.

Also Magpul CTR looks good to go?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
id go with the cheapest tube since its got to be pinned. If i wasnt limited by NYS the PWS Advanced Buffer tube is really nice. Check out midwayusa.com they have a lot of options.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have heard good things about
Vltor Carbine Receiver Extension Buffer Tube 5-Position Mil-Spec Diameter AR-15 Aluminum Black

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
then i recommend the PWS

·
Registered
130 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't buffer tubes more or less all the same? What's the main difference in them?
Still learning about AR's so I'm trying to learn all I can.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't buffer tubes more or less all the same? What's the main difference in them?
Still learning about AR's so I'm trying to learn all I can.
Tolerances would be the main issue, you wouldn't want to buy a poorly manufactured tube and end up having a lot of slop in your stock.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Or in the case of carbine receiver extensions, a commercial size instead of a mil~spec size or vice versa.
One stock size will fit either, one will not. One has turned threads, the other has rolled threads, etc.

Rifle size are pretty standardized, so it's more quality of material/construction

There's a couple 'specialty' sizes that aren't interchangable with anything but the system they are intended for too.
The VLTOR A5 and some of the 'entry' sized stocks come to mind.
Some will take a standard stock, but require a proprietary buffer and spring, while others may use conventional carbine or rifle buffer and spring combinations, but not work with any stock than the one it was designed for.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
$82 - stock, tube, buffer, spring ---- I have an intense hatred for all things DPMS for various reasons, so I would personally avoid buying from them and don't see why they would charge nearly $20 more.

M4 Stock Kit - (w/ Milspec Rec Ext)

I would go for the CTR as well, I have it on my rifle and it is much more comfortable to use than a standard M4 stock and fits better as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
$82 - stock, tube, buffer, spring ---- I have an intense hatred for all things DPMS for various reasons, so I would personally avoid buying from them and don't see why they would charge nearly $20 more.

M4 Stock Kit - (w/ Milspec Rec Ext)

I would go for the CTR as well, I have it on my rifle and it is much more comfortable to use than a standard M4 stock and fits better as well.
Cheaper at PSA, and you can buy a MOE or CTR kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts