New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Buffalo Wild Wings just moved into my town and I had never been to one, one of my cousins got a job as a waitress there and they gave all the employees 2 passes for people to come in and try the food before the grand opening like a pre-opening party or something. Anyways my cousin took me and one of her friends, to be honest the food was okay but a little pricey. My one main gripe is the chicken wings, yes they have a whole crapload of different flavors, but the wings, they are just so tiny. I have honestly never seen chicken wings so small, a person my size could easily eat 6 dozen alone as a meal. I made a joke that they were probably pigeon wings labeled chicken wings and I had a few people look at me like "wtf you serious? these could be pigeons?" other than that they have literally more televisions in that place than any one person could watch I think I counted about 82 (none in the bathrooms though). I give it 3 stars out of 5 because of the chicken wings and also everything like the tables/chairs were kind of crammed in the place and the Tape job on the sheetrock along with the paint job was horrible (you could see every seam).

· Banned
158 Posts
Buffalo Wild Wings just moved into my town and I had never been to one, one of my cousins got a job as a waitress there and they gave all the employees 2 passes for people to come in and try the food before the grand opening like a pre-opening party or something. Anyways my cousin took me and one of her friends, to be honest the food was okay but a little pricey. My one main gripe is the chicken wings, yes they have a whole crapload of different flavors, but the wings, they are just so tiny. I have honestly never seen chicken wings so small, a person my size could easily eat 6 dozen alone as a meal. I made a joke that they were probably pigeon wings labeled chicken wings and I had a few people look at me like "wtf you serious? these could be pigeons?" other than that they have literally more televisions in that place than any one person could watch I think I counted about 82 (none in the bathrooms though). I give it 3 stars out of 5 because of the chicken wings and also everything like the tables/chairs were kind of crammed in the place and the Tape job on the sheetrock along with the paint job was horrible (you could see every seam).
They just closed 2 of their 3 locations in the Buffalo area. I suspect it is because they couldn't compete with those tiny wings.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Been there several times and honestly...I've had much better wings at neighborhood bars and pizza joints. I'll probably never go back to one unless I have to. I'm not totally against the big-box restaurants, though; Quaker Steak & Lube has some of the better wings I've ever had. Cajun? Omg I could eat several dozen in a sitting.

· Registered
1,672 Posts
Come on out tonight. The local Jeep club (cnyjeep.org) will be there for wing-night with 40+ Jeeps.

As for BW3 (yes, that's abbreviation, even though there are only two w's in the name)... I went there once or twice. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, and would pick just about any other place over it.
Quaker steak and lube in Erie Pa is great.
The one here in WNY has very slow and often shitty service.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Come on out tonight. The local Jeep club (cnyjeep.org) will be there for wing-night with 40+ Jeeps.

As for BW3 (yes, that's abbreviation, even though there are only two w's in the name)... I went there once or twice. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, and would pick just about any other place over it.
Not gonna lie...that definitely is tempting

· Registered
2,536 Posts
As for BW3 (yes, that's abbreviation, even though there are only two w's in the name)...
This is because the abbreviation came about just prior to them changing their name. When the chain originally opened, it was called "Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck"

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Best wings I ever had were somewhere in Birmingham, Alabama. Wish I could remember the name of the bar, but we went there after a friends wedding reception. Nobody was sober before we got in the limo, and nobody can seem to remember what damn bar it was. Caribbean Jerk wings, though. I know they were awesome because the 6 dozen I got as take out were awesome the day after, so they must have been ridiculously awesome fresh. (Yeah, the 6 dozen take out wings was also due to not being sober. Theesh are AWESOME! I'll take shix dozen to go!:eek: )

Here in Endicott there is a little bar whose name I also don't remember (nothing to do with sobriety, just forgetful) that has, like, 30 flavors of wings, and most of them are very good. Also, a place on Main St. in Binghamton called Theos has the biggest chicken wings I have ever seen. They're pretty good, too.

· Registered
32 Posts
There's no point in me going to a Buffalo Wild Wings, because if I want some REAL wings, Anchor Bar isn't exactly a far drive. Failing that, Doug's Famous here in the Falls makes some awesome honey garlic and honey barbecue wings, not to mention some pretty good pizza.

· Head of Bacon Operations
3,679 Posts
Country Sweet

I love Country Sweet in Rochester, they recently closed one location but still have one near Strong hospital. I hope you can still buy the sauce in stores. I used to go to a place in Pittsburgh, Pa named Wing Pit that was insanely good and cheap. It was $4 and change for a dozen of big, awesome wings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.