New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They upgraded the backstop and revamped everything.
The old "lead nose" only restriction is no more.
You can now shoot any pistol ammo, except steel, or tracers.
I stopped in last week and it looks great.
BRRClub.com

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
That's excellent. I was a member years ago, probable re-up now.

I know the W.Seneca PD practices there once a week, that probably had something to do w/the upgrade.

First class ventilation system.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Br&r is a members and guests only club. Nice to see you will be able to shoot jacketed ammo- I seriously doubt center fire rifles ( other than those chambered in pistol calibers) will be allowed I was a board member there many years ago before I moved out of the county. Nice friendly club with a strong focus on bullseye shooting

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know rates? They don't list them on their site. Wolcott is a little closer but membership there is pricy.
After you join it cost you $5.00 to shoot.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
rifles ok?
Nope pistols only with pistol ammo. They have military rifle shoots using the East Aurora rifle range, but that was before the NY Safe.
the CMP program is up in the air right now because you know what they say in the SAFE Bill. If a gun has those scary looking military features that make the Melenia's (like the guy in the pajama's) poop themselves they must be registered.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I was a member years ago, so my comments are historical. They have specific open range hours, but plenty of them. Many a time I shot I was the only person on the firing line. .22lr rifle was okay. Back then they let me shoot .44mag and .357mag RIFLE but by loads were lead LSWC and I assured them my handloads were lower velocity (information exchange w/RSO). Range fee back then was $3, $5 is a bargain. $5 is not per hour, that's a flat fee for 2 hours. RSO's never chased me out if time was tight, members hang out in the ready room and socialize so clock watching was never an issue. Last person off the line has to sweep, not the RSO's job. The floor takes 5 minutes max to sweep, it was always immaculate when I shot there. Now and then a scheduled range/ match event will change the open range schedule. Be patient, good time to socialize w/other shooters. Low pressure/low stress club.

An outstanding inside range ventilation system!

The club hosts the Orchard Park High School rifle team. The firing lines are mobile and can be moved out of the way. Talk w/the RSO and they'll let you roll it out of the way for prone shooting. Bring your own shooting mat.

They have connections with East Aurora Fish and Game Club for summer CMP qualification shooting, limited-supervised qualification shooting. That program fills up fast.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If no rifles are allowed what do the juniors shoot there? Just asking because I am thinking about joining for me and my son in the future. I am guessing just .22 rifles are allowed?
Yes, Wednesday nights.

Double check this -> on Fridays from 7pm - closing, they have Kid Shoots Only. You did not have to be a member to have your kid shoot .22lr. You paid $4 and they give you 50 rounds and targets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.