New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iraq War Veteran Says Cops Shot His Dog During Wrong Door Raid in Buffalo Ed Krayewski|Jun. 5, 2013 10:52 am
WIVBDrugs are so dangerous police will bust down the wrong door and shoot a dog to stop them from being sold. An Iraq war veteran says that's what happened to him after he left for work Monday. From local TV station WIVB:
"I got here as fast as I could [after the landlord called about a police raid] and I saw the carnage. I saw what happened. My house was flipped upside down, my dog was gone," he said.

Cindy had been killed and Arroyo looked at where she died in horror.

"It was the blood on the wall and the gunshots and the bullet holes," he said.

Buffalo Police say controlled drug buys are made before raids take place and they believe they had the right address. Detectives on scene say the dog was not chained at the time.

"You can even tell by the scene where the shots were and how far the chain reaches because if the dog was out anywhere else, as soon as someone knocks on my door my dog is by the door. So how come there is no blood on the ground?" asked Arroyo.​
Arroyo explained he's always chained his pit bull because she chews up his shoes when he's not home. Buffalo police say they've opened an internal investigation while Arroyo says he's lawyering up

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Sue the **** out of them.

I'd rather they admit "We ****ed up". At least i can respect someone who admits their mistakes. Liars receive the full brunt of my loathing.
That's what really bothers me about these events. How about saying," we are terribly sorry sir, we intend to give complete compensation" etc, etc .
In the last few years I have come to question the character, integrity and motives of some LEO. I am not nor have I ever been a LEO basher. I have always held the utmost respect for LEO's. I have friends and even relatives in the business. However, what I am hearing and what I have personaly experienced is making me uneasy. I do not like it, but it is a fact.
Did these LEO REALLY have to shoot up this guys home and kill his dog? When someone is down and motionless is it really necessary to keep pumping lead into a person. I am feeling that so much s just going Waaay over the top.

· Registered
1,504 Posts
All I can say is some swat team(I'm assuming swat but don't see it on story), aren't they supposed to know you are home before they raid your house? or if he was the guy you were looking for do a routine traffic stop while he is on his way to work. I'd be embarrassed if I broken someones door down shot their dog then realized o no ones home my bad.

I'm not LEO bashing here love our police and respect the job they all do. I'll also wait for for information before I give more of an opinion on weather they had the right guy.

· Registered
9,138 Posts
As stated, no bashing from me either. In saying that, this type of behavior is occuring way to often.
I for one am getting tired of hearing about all of these "mistakes" that are being made by LE and their agencies. Everytime you look at youtube, pick up a newspaper or watch the news, there is a story of officer abuse, or over reaching of authority or in this case wrongfull death and destruction of personal property.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
My heart goes out to the veteran. I know if someone shot my dog there would be hell to pay. My dog is a part of my family. My wife and I love her like she is our kid.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Tax payers will be eating the costs for the lawsuits that will inevitably result. These mistakes are unacceptable.

· Registered
2,606 Posts
Mistakes happen, i accept that. But the aftermath should include appologies and a fair offer of compensation. Who cleans up the blood and bullet holes from that raid? I'd think at least they would say sorry and have things fixed to better than new conditon. You can't fix a dead dog, but you can offer to pay for a new one plus something for the loss of a pet. Never mind that i think in the long run an honest and heart felt "I'm sorry" from the person in charge who made the call along with things being fixed and the $ to fix things up and some extra $$ (Blood money, we pay it in the middle east, why not when we wrong our own citizens?). Way cheaper than a lawsuit....

· Registered
5,239 Posts
the Wrong Door is one thing, if it is the Totally wrong Address, that is not acceptable! that is just Lazy and stupid.
My dad was a cop, he would say the same thing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.