1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad the season is starting up again.
Make a list of things to shop for.

· Registered
559 Posts
you can find some deals. magazines are usually price about right, some people have good deals on ammo but i have seen people that must have been doing drugs when they priced it. most guns are cheaper than local store, usually on par with online prices maybe a little more.

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Buffalo Pistol Permit people will be onsite. Just what I need is another pistol, but hey if I find something that suits me I can walk out with it.
Looking for other things though, like screws, grips, some cleaning stuff, always looking for more rifles and shotguns if the price is right.
As far as the prices go, put your Arab trading hat on. (from the movie A Christmas Story", you know when the father was going to buy a tree)
I shop all the ammo and there are a few guys that are really rock bottom.
Plus you are with a bunch of like minded guys and gals.
I bought a range bag a couple of shows ago that was the best $40.00 I ever spent.

· Registered
9,138 Posts
I went to this show last year. Huge disappointment, however, I will return this year as well. Last year seemed like every older fella cleaned out his basements and attics and brought all the junk that would fit in his car.
I will tell you, its a damn shame the prices that these people want for everything that they are selling. Almost everything there you can get on line for half the price, when you try to haggle, they get pissed off.

· Registered
5,312 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
bought a new hand gun, ruger sr9c. i got i for less than any place i could find it online. found a few boxes of ammo, but for the most part the ammo was a little high, could find it cheaper online. ar/ak magazines were reasonable. didnt really need much but i could have came home with alot more.

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought a 20 ga youth 870 for my grand kids. 130
120 worth of ammo and after seeing the x7 bulls bag I couldn't pass is up.
Then I went to the West Valley Hose company's Gun Raffle..........Good God. It was the mother of all Gun Raffles.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
Since we set up at the Hamburg Gun Show, I walk around just before the door opens. I bought 4 preban AR mags in good shape for $10 a piece. I picked up some ridiculously cheap Sony batteries for my red dot. I bought the SCOPE raffle tickets and had some great beef jerky from O'Brien's Meat-house. I also bought the best range bag that I have ever owned at the last one. Brian from VRI had some great stuff out and some of the other vendors did too. Sometimes the best deals are gone in the first two hours.

· Registered
8,394 Posts
picked up some ammo and beef jerky,mmmmmmmmmm good stuff! I saw a few good deals , but most rifles were over priced I thought. the M1 Garands were going for about 1k , give or take a 100 bucks, and they looked like beaters to me. I didnt see many 03 springfields , and M14 mags with stamps were hard to find . I picked up one pre ban for 45 YIKES!! I almost picked up a Hi point 45 ACP for fun , but I just didnt know how well they shoot , it was all plastic , but it was cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.