New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Budsgunshop refuses to sell legal items to NY residents!!!!This is the first time I have ever put any effort into bashing a company online but I was so appalled by the way they treated me I must. I ordered a archangel stock for my mosin nagant bolt action rifle. The next day I received an email saying it will not ship because the item is not compliant for my state and to call them. When i called the customer service rep i spoke to had no idea why the item would have a restriction on it. He too was shocked and thought it might be a mistake. He had to talk to a manager. He came back and said its no mistake its not compliant. So i asked to speak to the manager. He told me the same. I asked what it was that made the item not compliant and he did not know. The call was then sent to his manager(the only Nick at buds so he claimed). I asked him the same. At this point i had the NY safe act pulled up on my tablet. I told him that the law specifically states that the changes do not apply to any rifle, shotgun, or pistol that is manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action. He then changed his mind and said it was not the law but an internal company decision to not sell whatever it wants to NY residents. He asked what he could do for me and i said review the law again and ship my stock. He sad "well that's not going to happen". I told him that I have been a customer in the past and is he willing to lose a customer over this and he said yes. I said well then i will see if it is legal for them to do this and review the Safe Act again. I sad i will also make it known in reviews that they are doing this and file a complaint with the BBB. That has been done and i am keeping my promise. His response was "my business is no longer welcome and my account has been canceled." Although as far as i can tell it is legal for them to refuse service i think it is bad business practices for them to discriminate against residents of NY. Please join me and not support this company.

Email from buds available upon request. Im new and it will take me a minute to figure out attachments.

It is not my intent to spread any false info. If i am not correct about the Archangle stock for the Mosin Nagant being legal in the state of NY please let me know ASAP and i will retract my statement. As i read the law and a discussion with my local FFL the stock is compliant with state and federal law.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
It is Pro Mag's policy not to sell any stocks to New York. They don't care what the law is. If Bud's drop ships from Pro Mag then they can't sell you a stock as the mfr. won't ship it.

Last I knew, if you still want an Archangel stock, a dealer like Midway will sell you one.

Still it sucks the way Bud's treated you.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Don't blame them. Blame Cuomo and your legislature.
Yup...you can't expect them to put a multi-million dollar business at risk to send a few stocks to NY. Buy somewhere else. There are lots of other retailers that sell to NY and have actually read the rules.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Don't blame them. Blame Cuomo and your legislature.
They made the choice to go above and beyond the law.

I do agree with the drop-ship bit though. They may have no control over it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Is there a list of manufacturers and stores who are not shipping to ny . If not let's make one and spread it through all firearms community . The only thing that these people may listen to is thier wallets. They can choose who they will or will not ship to . We need to organize a bit and try to make others from free states to not do business with them either. Join or die.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The same can be said about both cheaper than dirt and sportman guide. I tried ordering some stuff last week which is legal here in NY but they refused to ship it because they said it was not legal.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Rock River Arms won't even ship a Parts Kit, but on the flip side, they won't ship to LEO either.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Add midway to the list. They won't sell bullets (heads) or other reloading components to us either.
People keep saying this but I keep getting reloading components from midway..... hmmm...

ETA: Well I havent in a few weeks, but I did a while after the "ammo ban"

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Any privately owned company can refuse to sell you any item at any time for any reason.
And when they do because they wish to go above and beyond the law, that is bad business practice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My restaurant can refuse to sell dinner to black people?
the rest of that law states without discrimination or segrigatoin on ground of race,color, religion, or national origin. But i think AZ just passed a law saying they have the right to not serve gays based on the right to their religious freedom.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You can find the mosin Archangel stock on eBay for $175.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
It is Pro Mag's policy not to sell any stocks to New York. They don't care what the law is. If Bud's drop ships from Pro Mag then they can't sell you a stock as the mfr. won't ship it.

Last I knew, if you still want an Archangel stock, a dealer like Midway will sell you one.

Still it sucks the way Bud's treated you.
This, but no dice on the Archangel. I tried to get one for my SKS (legal with fixed box mag). Every vendor I could find on the internet drop ship from ProMag (Arkansas I think), even the Ebay "dealers". I did find one outfit that I emailed and they said 'no problem".....I made my order with the vendor and got an email from ProMag a day later saying "sorry, won't sell to NY". I was pised but hey......blame the ****sticks in Albany, not the manufacturers in the free states.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was not expecting such a response. thanks for the replies. If they handled it different then so would my opinion. If they said we are deciding to go above and beyond to protect ourselves. We have reviewed the law and it is not clear to us right now so we are leaning to the side of caution for now. But we do appreciate your business. Have you looked at any other stock options we might have? I could have respected that. It would have been a non issue and i would have thanked them and let it be. But to tell me my business is not welcome and cancel my account is beyond rediculous. If i pulled that at my job i would be in for a serious reaming and possibly fired. Bad customer service is common in the firearms industry i feel. I always take it and move on. This just pushed my tipping point. Just a few weeks ago i was looking to have a custom VEPR stock made so it was compliant. Only thing making it not was the stupid thumb hole. During my search i called a place that ended up not making stocks only selling the wood. I said since you sell to a lot of stock makers do you recomend someone? He said a stock for what. I told him and he called me a dumb arse and was stupid to even do it. He then proceded to ream me about how it is not his job to give recomendations then hung up. I just sat there in awe for a few seconds thinking what did i do to deserve that. Had he refered me i would have told the stock maker maybe getting him more business in return.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can find the mosin Archangel stock on eBay for $175.
i ended up ordering one from Amazon. Great part is i paid with my chase rewards piont so it was like getting it for free :). I just checked the tracking and it is in transit.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts