New York Firearms Forum banner

budget .308 rifle build?

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BUCKrub91 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to build a budget .308 Would you guys recommend the Marlin 308, Savage axis, or Remington 700ADL?

Trying to find something without a ton of bolt play (like how the 770 is and the bolt moves around quite a bit) so I would really like a solid bolt.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
^ I already have a stevens 200 in .308
I'll have to look to see if they make any aftermarket stocks for it since the factory stock isn't that comfortable for my wrist for repetitive shooting and it can be slightly annoying for longer range shooting. I just want something I could use as an f-class while also having something I could use for hunting this year.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
700 ADL. You can always upgrade to a BDL bottom metal for like $50-60 and get a bell and carlson medalist stock for $200. and get a pretty good Sub MOA rifle. The Marines and Army base their m24 and m40's off the Remington action for a reason! ;]
Well I was thinking AICS as the stock since I really like the design.

But thinking about it I need an adjustable trigger. I would really like that Savage Target Accutrigger that goes down to 8oz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.