New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Shhh don't look now , but ole moonbeam signed the ban on lead ammo today. Slowly, piece by piece.. inch by inch....in the liberal crapper goes the 2A.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shhh don't look now , but ole moonbeam signed the ban on lead ammo today. Slowly, piece by piece.. inch by inch....in the liberal crapper goes the 2A.
To clarify, the ban is on hunting with lead ammo, they will still be able to purchase and shoot lead ammo. Still a terrible bill but not as bad as you implied.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
To clarify, the ban is on hunting with lead ammo, they will still be able to purchase and shoot lead ammo. Still a terrible bill but not as bad as you implied.
Yes, for now. Thanks for the clarification though.

"However, as good as this news sounds, it is far outweighed by the myriad new gun control laws Brown signed into law. The lead ammo ban alone poses significant problems for CA gun owners, hunters, and wildlife management.
Earlier this week, Assemblyman and gubernatorial candidate Tim Donnelly (R-33rd Dist.) warned that AB711 is really just a ban on hunting disguised as an ammunition ban because it leaves hunters with non-options for options. "

linky-> Jerry Brown Vetoes 'Assault Weapons' Ban, Signs Lead Ammo Ban

inch by inch

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I sent him a letter myself to help our fellow patriots in CA so I'm glad he vetoed that bill we need to fight these things together. Imagine how much louder our voices would be if both states helped each other with letters and phone calls to politicians!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I sent him a letter myself to help our fellow patriots in CA so I'm glad he vetoed that bill we need to fight these things together. Imagine how much louder our voices would be if both states helped each other with letters and phone calls to politicians!
I'm reposting this from another thread:

I'm in California and just heard the news.

First off I want to thank Celt and anyone else who sent emails to Brown on our behalf!!!! :D

I know Brown's office was bombarded for weeks with calls, emails, faxes and letters. Each and every one DID make a difference.

First Colorado now California; it's not winning the war and even the battles have some losses. But it does show there is some hope.

Now it's New York's turn...... repeal the SAFE ACT!!!!!!!!! We are all rooting for you here on the other side of the continent!!! Actually, I'm hoping your cases go to the SCOTUS - and that might be the real game changer.

SB 374 was the one that really sucked - We still have to have bullet buttons and can't have certain "evil" features like flash suppressors and 30 rounds mags - but at least we don't have to register and turn our semi-autos into some MacGyver gun just to reload (although the bullet button is still annoying)

Once again here is the list:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BILLS SIGNED BY GOVERNOR BROWN

AB-48 (Skinner): Bans magazine rebuild kits (including individual parts).

AB-170 (Bradford): Redefines "person" for Assault Weapons permits.

AB-231 (Ting): Criminal liability when child accesses firearm in your home without permission, or a prohibited person accesses firearm in your home.

AB-500 (Ammianno): Extends time period for background checks, secure storage requirements when living with prohibited person.

AB-711 (Rendon): Lead ammo ban.

SB-363 (Wright):
Criminalizes storage of a handgun where the owner should have known a
prohibited person would access it. Exempts Federal Law Enforcement
Officers from the "not unsafe handgun" roster restrictions.

SB-683 (Block): Requires firearms safety certificate for purchasing any firearm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BILLS VETOED BY GOVERNOR BROWN

AB-169 (Dickinson): Bans transfer of handguns not on the "not unsafe handgun" roster.

AB-180 (Bonta): Additional firearms restrictions in Oakland.

SB-299 (DeSaulnier): Mandatory loss reporting of firearms within 7 days.

SB-374 (Steinberg): Bans all semiautomatic rifles that does not have a fixed magazine, forced registration of rifles already owned.

SB-475 (Leno): Eliminates gun shows at Cow Palace.

SB-567 (Jackson): Expands definition of shotgun to include rifled barrels and those not designed to be fired from the shoulder.

SB-755 (Wolk) Expands definition of prohibited persons.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Might want to ask the mods to merge this thread with the other one since we have two going now...

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
He still signed many bad ones. None should have been signed. Damn these politicians.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
My pleasure Sullivan! This is why we all need to stick together! We have the CA clan, CO clan, NY clan etc... I (like many on this forum) donated to the politicians running agaibst the trsitors in CO and we won. We really need to know that we can count on each other for support. Its amazing what just a couple hundred extra emails to elected officials can do. People like cuomo like to call us "the vocal minority" but I find that term hilarious because if you break it down that means we are the only ones voicing our opinions about our rights. And logic tells you that if someone doesn't care enough to voice their opinion then the issue isn't that important to them.... so he says vocal minority yet clearly our opinion is the majority! (Its all political brainwashing from the left). So even a couple hundred extra supporters make a huge difference!

Sullivan, when the time vomes for some mass emailing ill reach out for you to rally your clan!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My pleasure Sullivan! This is why we all need to stick together! We have the CA clan, CO clan, NY clan etc... I (like many on this forum) donated to the politicians running agaibst the trsitors in CO and we won. We really need to know that we can count on each other for support. Its amazing what just a couple hundred extra emails to elected officials can do. People like cuomo like to call us "the vocal minority" but I find that term hilarious because if you break it down that means we are the only ones voicing our opinions about our rights. And logic tells you that if someone doesn't care enough to voice their opinion then the issue isn't that important to them.... so he says vocal minority yet clearly our opinion is the majority! (Its all political brainwashing from the left). So even a couple hundred extra supporters make a huge difference!

Sullivan, when the time vomes for some mass emailing ill reach out for you to rally your clan!
Absolutely!

I know a lot of people here now know it's not a waste of time to make those calls and I'm sure a lot here would be more than willing to help!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I for one am shocked any of them got vetoed but good for CA raising enough hell Brown got the message.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Must be ol' Brown figgered out where votes come from...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts