New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some mixed views on this place and i have some questions if anyone is a member. Question 1 most important i work ALOT have kids and everything so very limited on time, what kind of hours here? Sun rise to set? 7 days? All winter? Also how packed does it get? More on specific days like sundays? Sunday or Saturday late afternoon would be most likely for me but in.summer i could maybe swing after work after 7 if that's possible. Also shotguns on rifle range ok? I'm not really into clays i.plan on.buying a saiga 12 or mossy 930 real soon and just want to be able to blast her down range. Thanks guys!

· Registered
99 Posts
WPSA is $25 / Year + 25 hours labor. You receive 1 hour labor for every meeting that you attend. The balance of the hours are easy to pickup. The range does allows shotguns. The range is very accessible and gets little use, many times when I go I'm shooting alone. The range is pretty basic 100 yards. There is a great 3D archery range (40) targets. There is a Blackpowder Woods walk with steel targets. You get a key to the gate when your a Member. The Monthly meetings on the first Sat of the month during the Summer and on the first Weds during the Winter. During certain Sat/Sun they have events that may prohibit range time i.e. monthly 3D Archery event etc.. but, there is availability after they complete the event. This weekend they hold the Broome County Sportsmen Expo at the Broome County Fairgrounds. Stop up and check it out...

· Registered
2,874 Posts
Their website says they're open until dusk, but their hours are clearly later than that - I frequently hear them shooting well into the night and can see the spotlights on.

Note that this is not a complaint, just a statement of fact.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
You could add Greene Rod and Gun to the list. Great guys there. Nice ranges.....quiet....well, until you start shooting...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.