New York Firearms Forum banner

Bringing Little One to Disney Land in Spring question about ammo purchase while there

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Bllade 
#1 ·
So the Ol lady dropped on me yesterday she wants to bring our 5 year old to Florida in the Spring-got me thinking--Can I go to a Cabelas or Gander Mountain or Walmart buy some ammo down there and wrap and box it up and go to a post office or ups store and ship to my address? in a plain old usps box you can buy at the post office..?? we are flying so bringing it thru airports is completely out..

#27 ·
I'm going to do EXACTLY this when I go to Florida in a few months.

Return address...simple...my home address in New York. The ammo will be MY personal, lawfully purchased, property. I am only facilitating transporting it to myself via UPS or FedEx since I cannot take it on an airplane with me.

#10 · (Edited)
If he buys ammo out-of-state in a face-to-face transaction, then heads to UPS to ship it to himself, he is not in violation. That is the beauty of interstate commerce. It would be no different if he went to PA to buy ammo in person, and then brought it across the border in his own vehicle. He is not committing a crime by doing such a thing.

#12 ·
Drive and fill the car up!

its an easy straight drive and you can hit some AWESOME southern gun and Pawn shops!

Oh dont forget about AWESOME burger and BBQ places!

#13 ·
I did a similar thing when I was Tennessee for a conference, but it only involved barbecue sauce. I had a carry on bag, and I did not want to check a bag, because it would be cheaper for me to ship it UPS. I put down the hotel address with my name as the sender, and then put my name and home address as the destination. Now, it may be different in the case that the package is ORMD.

#17 ·
I would not "ship" anything across state line. During prohibition would you order rum by mail?

We were all honest law abiding citizens one year and one week ago.

#24 ·
Bringing back and shipping back may be two different things in the eyes of our masters in Albany.

Be careful.

#29 ·
You can put factory ammo in its factory packaging in your Checked Baggage. Powder you cant take or ship with out a hazmat.

#30 ·
I was in Texas on Business in November. While there I bought 6 boxes of 30-30 that I could not find here. I carried it back in my checked luggage.
United Airlines told me that I could transport up top 11 pounds of ammo in it's original packaging. I had no issues at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.