New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREAKING: Colorado Gun Rights Advocates Plan to Break New Magazine Law on Capitol Steps

"At least two formal events have popped up on Facebook that are encouraging Colorado gun owners to engage in civil disobedience and break the recent law that prohibits the sale or transfer of gun magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds.

The events encourage participants from Colorado and other surrounding states to buy, sell and swap magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds in disobedience of the law."

I have 3 words to say about this. BEAU-TI-FUL.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I see alot of people getting arrested if this were attempted in NY.

Best of luck to CO. Fight the "power". Politicians don't trump the people.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Man, why can't NYers have balls like this?
"This is a bad idea. It will just show gun owners as nuts. Someone will drop a firecracker and it will be a bloodbath."

I think this about explains it.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
what if we had a few thousand people protest with empty 30 rd pre 1994 mags? If police arrest them all (that would take a lot of police) it would make them look like fools for arresting people holding harmless pieces of metal. But if they did not arrest them it would really be a slap in the face to cuomo and the safe act. Once again this issue takes mass participation...and sharing for those of us who never have any pre ban mags.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Balls is not the issue here plus when they get too big they steal blood from the brain.
It might come, just give a chance to the due process of law and if that doesn't work then you will see more of the other alternatives.
The fight is long and we will never give up. Politicians will, just wait and see.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Breaking the law is not the solution. This will not change the law. Gun-grabbers will label you as crazy law breakers....

Move out of the state of NY!

·
Registered
637 Posts
what if we had a few thousand people protest with empty 30 rd pre 1994 mags? If police arrest them all (that would take a lot of police) it would make them look like fools for arresting people holding harmless pieces of metal. But if they did not arrest them it would really be a slap in the face to cuomo and the safe act. Once again this issue takes mass participation...and sharing for those of us who never have any pre ban mags.
You can still have em till next January. Well, that's my interpretation anyway. I'm no lawyer.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Government would take pictures of all our faces and make lists, and we would all disappear at 3 in the morning.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
If we could get 5000 people to assemble at the Capitol holding up a new 30 round mag, I think we could break this. That would be far too many to be arrested, nullification would have to follow.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Well if NY'ers did it, they would all be felons and would loose their ability to own a firearm!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yeah, but wouldn't Cuomo love this?

They would use facial recognition software to ID all participants, and...voila!...Cuomo rids himself of thousands of otherwise legal gun owners and confiscated all their weapons. Plays right into his dirty hands.
Not if there were 5000 of us or more. That would be far too many in one instance and we could proceed with nullification. And facial recognition only works if they have a good pic of you on file. As far as them also using the Facebook database to help ID people, I always tags rocks, trees, feet, food or crotches so that my face is not connected to me.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Well if NY'ers did it, they would all be felons and would loose their ability to own a firearm!
You are already a Felon they just havent passed the right law to charge you with yet.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
"This is a bad idea. It will just show gun owners as nuts. Someone will drop a firecracker and it will be a bloodbath."

I think this about explains it.
That's true. I have a roofer on retainer because every time my neighbors set off fireworks (pretty often), I just start firing rounds into my ceiling. Not sure what it is about loud noises but they just make me start shooting!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
BREAKING: Colorado Gun Rights Advocates Plan to Break New Magazine Law on Capitol Steps

"At least two formal events have popped up on Facebook that are encouraging Colorado gun owners to engage in civil disobedience and break the recent law that prohibits the sale or transfer of gun magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds.

The events encourage participants from Colorado and other surrounding states to buy, sell and swap magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds in disobedience of the law."

I have 3 words to say about this. BEAU-TI-FUL.
Yup too bad NYers are not up to this kind of task as we are scared of our own shadows nowadays. "Don't say/post that the king's men are listening/watching" what a bunch of girls we are. Can't say sissies as I might offend the real sissies. Geezus!!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Breaking the law is not the solution. This will not change the law. Gun-grabbers will label you as crazy law breakers....

Move out of the state of NY!
You can break the law in a peaceful protest sometimes it is the only way, when the cards are stacked against you and like the chinese guy who faced down the tank, just because you lose doesn't mean it was wrong or not worth it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
some of the comments are hilarious. Proves that people in Colorado actually care about their 2nd amendment rights. Besides, if Gregory can do it on meet the press, why can't everyone else? In NY, people run with their tail between their legs.. Begging for a way to comply. Free men, do stuff like this to guarantee their rights. I swear, there are some people here that would follow any law, "illegal to wear blue", they'd be selling all their blue stuff. NYers should have already been doing this with the 7 rounds. All hold up 10 rd. magazines and have 10 bullets in your hand. All of a sudden, everyone's hands are empty except for a full mag. Would people do this? No, they would puss out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts