New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering was there ever a breakdown by county of our members on nyfirearms ?
Think it would be cool to see the stats on that. Which county leads in members.

Any of the admins every break that down ?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Probably not possible to break that info down 100% unless people properly list their location as their County within their user CP (as you and I have done).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well of course user input on location critical.
Tracking via ip isn't what I was aiming for, that would make some members paranoid. lol
i know VBulletin has a lot of tools, and in general if the time was ever took to break down that particular info, if not built in I know a script could be wrote for that.
Just alone on a admin side to help with advertisement sales and such, sponsors etc.

I think it be cool to see a map of ny state and have a breakdown of members county by zones. Of course not a detailed list but in general

Just the geek in me I guess. lol

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I was just wondering was there ever a breakdown by county of our members on nyfirearms ?
Think it would be cool to see the stats on that. Which county leads in members.
To assist the SS in their planning efforts on where to concentrate their gun grabbing Stom Troopers first?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
if IP's are logged and recorded, then yes, this is possible to some extent.
IP's aren't reliable for physical location. Some ISP's will report their own dynamic IP addresses as mapping to one single physical location, which could be anywhere in the US. Other users may choose to go through a proxy for general web surfing, which means their location could be reported as somewhere outside the US.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew when I posted this question a few would respond with gun grabbing comment :)
i guess a poll would work. No one has ever wondered this before ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew when I posted this question a few would respond with gun grabbing comment :)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Always suspicious of the government..... Why do you think I flew around in those Black Helicopters for all those years? To find out what they were really doing up there. lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm no fan of govt myself. If you read some of my posts you would see that lol
I can't edit post to include a poll so I'll post a poll tomorrow. Unless some beats me to it and are wondering the same thing

Poll only allows 10 options, and using cgrutts link to ny regions will be the choices with long island/NYC being combined.

Thank you for a easy reference to the regions cgrutt. Never even heard of central leather stocking region lol

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I wondered, but not for long enough to start a thread. Soooo much work. Thanks for doing it lol.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Poll posted. I'm not the brightest. I could of went with regions instead of names lol. But please vote. Thanks !!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
^ lmao.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I already know where everyone is...I'm on google earth right now...watch out for that dog chain behind the house when you mow

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
That's pretty dang funny, TS... and I'm guessing not all that far off from the truth :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts