New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another brilliant series by the 'Admin' on The Burning Platform. Must read for all citizens.

'Freedom is not something bestowed on us by men of higher caste. We are born into this world free, with the liberty to live our lives as we see fit, the opportunity to educate oneself and the freedom to succeed as far as our capabilities and efforts allow. Only a self-reliant, virtuous, moral, civic minded people are capable of enjoying the fruits of freedom.

Once corruption, self-interest, greed, and dependency upon government bureaucrats for sustenance become prevalent, the populace seeks masters who promise safety and security in return for sacrificing essential liberty and basic freedoms.'

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/09/22/bread-circuses-bombs-decline-of-the-american-empire/

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Great read. Thanks for sharing. Since I graduated college (in the middle of the Great Recession) I've had this nagging feeling that I'm living on the ass end of a dying empire.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within. The essential causes of Rome’s decline lay in her people, her morals, her class struggle, her failing trade, her bureaucratic despotism, her stifling taxes, her consuming wars."
-Will Durant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts