New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
The exact same stuff happens on the pro-life side, but I get the point. ;)

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wasn't that the main reason why the pledge of allegiance was removed from schools? :(
the pledge is still stated at the beginning of my childrens school day, And when we gather the families and parents together for a show at the school. during the day or after hours, everyone puts hand on heard and states the pledge....Just as important and meaningful as ever!!!!

· Registered
14,520 Posts
yep... this is the hypocrazy that everyone talks about except the MSM.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
"Can I choose to honor god?" "No, that's offensive."

When does that ever happen?
Chain store workers have to say "Happy Hoildays" instead of Merry Christmas?
OBama had a "holiday tree at the white house the last couple of years?
There is a push to get ride of Easter of the egg, hunt, basket
However it is OK to say Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, it is also OK for open prayer in NWC for Muslims and to stop traffic so they can do so! Muslims Gather Every Friday in the Streets of New York City to Pray-Fiction!

It would make MSNBC, CNN and CNBC TV stations blow up if Christians asked to stop traffic for prayers!

· Registered
89 Posts
FYI the 'under god' was added to the pledge in the 50's, I much prefer the secular version of it anyway. In addition E pluribus unum was by far a better motto then the lame 'in god we trust', 'out of many, one' was a far better representation of this country then anything else could have been put to symbolize this country.

As for the 'happy holidays' its just easier because there are quite a few different religions celebrating during that time of the year, Frankly as an Agnostic I dont care if someone says merry Xmas, happy Hanukkah, Kwanza or whatever, I just know they're being nice and saying to have a good one, I dont see what the big deal is there.

· Registered
10,544 Posts
Chain store workers have to say "Happy Hoildays" instead of Merry Christmas?
Which is a decision made by a private entity. Again, how does this keep you from honoring your god? If you have a problem with it, then I suggest you don't work there.

OBama had a "holiday tree at the white house the last couple of years?
I ask again, how does this keep YOU from honoring YOUR god?

There is a push to get ride of Easter of the egg, hunt, basket
Who is pushing for it? Are they physically holding you down and saying you can't have those things?

However it is OK to say Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, it is also OK for open prayer in NWC for Muslims and to stop traffic so they can do so! Muslims Gather Every Friday in the Streets of New York City to Pray-Fiction!

It would make MSNBC, CNN and CNBC TV stations blow up if Christians asked to stop traffic for prayers!
Who is keeping you from saying Merry Christmas? I say it every damn year and people say it back, who is stopping you!?

Concessions are constantly made for the Christian religion. Don't you nerds ever get sick of playing the victim?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.