New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my LGS to look around today and dropped some cash on a Remington R1 Enhanced. Did really plan on buying a pistol today but it was too good to pass up. This is my first .45 and first 1911. I'll post pics and a review once I send a few rounds down the barrel.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Congrats and happy shooting, I cut my teeth on a 1911 and have owned several over the years in various calibers and capacities. I started IPSC shooting with a Colt 1911 series 80 in 38 super then changed out the frame in the early 90s to a para ord frame kit for the increased mag capacity.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. I love the 1911, I keep waiting to add another to the stable, just can't figure out what it is just yet!!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
just picked up a Kimber Pro Carry II on Sunday and it shoots great, as good as my Colt mod 80 but lighter, going to wind up giving that to the wife when she gets her permit

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the same 1911 and can't be happier with the way it performs. 200 down the tube and no FTF, stovepipes nothing but good habits. Enjoy! BTW my avatar is my 1911:)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Very nice!! Congrats! Keep us updated on all the accessories and what your next 1911 is gonna be. Oh yeah, they are addictive to own and accessorize!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have 4 1911's and I love them all. Got to have at least one in your collection.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently snagged myself a Ruger SR1911 in 45ACP. I love it, no collection is worth its salt without a 1911 in it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently snagged myself a Ruger SR1911 in 45ACP. I love it, no collection is worth its salt without a 1911 in it.
Where did you get the Ruger SR1911? I have been waiting for some time now for someone to get it back in stock.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
The Rem is a nice lookin' 1911, I was thinking about getting one but already have too many 1911's. YES, TOO MANY. Good luck with that one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have one in 45,40,and 9, and I love them all. Actually 2 in 40, but 1 is a double stack.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
The Rem is a nice lookin' 1911, I was thinking about getting one but already have too many 1911's. YES, TOO MANY. Good luck with that one.
How many is too many?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts