New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ha e information on DIY booby-traps? Before anyone thinks I'm some whack job, I am 100% non-verbal. Two I know of are as follows:

1:
Trip wire attached to mouse trap, lightstick attached to mouse trap.

Intruder Springs trap, breaks lightstick, sentry is alerted.

2:
Trip wire attached to mouse trap, 2 shotgun primers glued to mouse trap. Intruder Springs trap, hits primers, loud bang alerting you to Intruder.

Any others, or books etc? There is a DOD publication, but it involves explosives...

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Trip wire attached to old soup cans?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
You can look up man trapping or you can pick up a few books on trapping in the old style way with out steel traps , the triggers can be used to for anything you want from dead falls to snares to whatever you can dream up .

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I worked in a shop a long time ago and the construction crews would come in at the end of the day and if I wasn't there they would use my D and L hand cleaner . I told them to cut it out I tried hideing it then I decided to bury a mouse trap in my D and L. I got em Lol They never did tell me who it was but I got em MUAAAA HAHAHA

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Would a mouse trap set off primers?? That requires alot of force. Unfortunately, I can't really offer you an idea because .... I do things my way which is ... if someone forces their way into my house while I'm home ... I'M gonna be the one setting off the primers. I truly have no respect for ANY law that protects the criminals and I have LESS respect for any judge or court that would enforce such laws.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I saw that title and thought, "Here we go, the long awaited thread on bra's", my bad. I would think that setting up traps every night in ones home would be tiresome.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
Sounds like you are really asking about early warning devices and not "booby traps"

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Remember the fire cracker "booby traps?"
They were a fire cracker with two strings coming out, one per end. When the strings. Were pulled they would go bang.
Used to use fishing line to extend the string and set up between the house and bushes.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Remember the fire cracker "booby traps?"
They were a fire cracker with two strings coming out, one per end. When the strings. Were pulled they would go bang.
Used to use fishing line to extend the string and set up between the house and bushes.
firecrackers ..... ANOTHER thing illegal in NY!! NY sucks the democrapic symbol's .........

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
google is your friend... just google

booby traps

you will find a plethora of images and how to's..

many survival guides also give you quite a few animal traps/snares too. i have several books both hardcopy and backed up on my phone.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Dig a hole, put sharpened sticks in the bottom, poop on them and cover hole with a thin layer of foliage. If that's to lethal then a piece of fishing line with tin cans hanging on it. Or use a commercially available motion sensor.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I would think a lighted motion sensor at night would be the best deterent....

I think it was on this forum someone posted a link to a cell phone alarm that would dial your number if a door was opened...

At a home with power the phone you use to build it is left plugged in so it never runs out of power, and at a camp it lasts for a few days if un-powered....

I will try to check around and find the thread.

ETA;

$10 DIY Alarm System That Calls Your Cellphone | Home Security Systems - Survival Life | Preppers | Survival Gear | Blog - Survival Life | Preppers | Survival Gear | Blog

·
Registered
548 Posts
google is not your friend. everything you type in, even if you dont hit enter is saved and tracable back to you. duck duck go is the engine to use.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts