New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I haved posted this in the past, but figured it was worth posting again as its relevant to the current conversation regarding a LSACD (large scale act of civil disobedience).

a similar act in NY, where patriots would camp out at the capitol until some changes were made would be the last peaceful/political option of trying to get our rights restored in the event that we were let down by SCOTUS. I honestly feel that if this were organized and pulled off, that it could be successful.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

I haved posted this in the past, but figured it was worth posting again as its relevant to the current conversation regarding a LSACD (large scale act of civil disobedience).

a similar act in NY, where patriots would camp out at the capitol until some changes were made would be the last peaceful/political option of trying to get our rights restored in the event that we were let down by SCOTUS. I honestly feel that if this were organized and pulled off, that it could be successful.
It would be either the end of gun control, or the beginning of the war, but it would certainly be significant. You would have people from all over the country joining within a couple days of the start.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
It would be either the end of gun control, or the beginning of the war, but it would certainly be significant. You would have people from all over the country joining within a couple days of the start.
Those are not the only two options. It could be like the Occupy movement. Significant, yes, but where are they now?

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, but how long do you think that ego maniac would "tolerate" an open carry demonstration on "his" front lawn?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
True, but how long do you think that ego maniac would "tolerate" an open carry demonstration on "his" front lawn?
Gotta get plenty of lawyers and a huge legal fund set up for this before the 1st day. And probably be sure the hospital is ready. There would be all sorts of bs arrests and plenty of slappy leos there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Gotta get plenty of lawyers and a huge legal fund set up for this before the 1st day. And probably be sure the hospital is ready. There would be all sorts of bs arrests and plenty of slappy leos there.
I'm ready. Just make sure there is food and drink, a place to pee and someone to record the gestapo when they come to "talk to me" :cool:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
?..And probably be sure the hospital is ready. There would be all sorts of bs arrests and plenty of slappy leos there.
Thats the part that most disturbs me.
Quite a while ago in another conversation I was in, the notion came up that Cuomo or Obama might one day mobilize troops to drive back such a demonstration composed of incensed Americans. Or that these men would send 'the armed forces' to our door if civil disobedience became the order of the day.

I very smugly remarked, "The 'troops'? Mr. Obama, you are going to send 'the troops' - our own sons and daughters - after us? Good luck with that."

I'm feeling less smug at the moment. Somebody please tell me the vast majority of our sons and daughters would disobey such an order...
Because if such a thing happened, an awful lot of people would feel as if they had suffered the ultimate, most devastating betrayal, and would thence be transformed into exceedingly dangerous people - Patriots with NOTHING more to lose.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The way ive described a possible protest, it would be peaceful (no aggression shown), open carry of long guns (which I was under the impression is lawful). Now, the part about xarrying arms that are newly defined as "aw's" along with standard cap mags would be the qctual defiance. Now, I imagine there would be highway check points trying to arrest people before they got to the capitol, but if several thousand people were to be there with arms and camping gear it would be quite a statement.

I know the idea of cardboard cutouts, or replica guns is laughable to some, but it would be symbolic and still make an impact.

I am not asking to be a felon, or asking others to be. Im merely stating what "could" help restore our stolen rights, peacefully, if scotus sides with the tyrants (and not hearing the case is the same as siding with them).

now of course there are other options that The People could take (and could be considered obligatory) but this is a discussion on an open forum about a possible peaceful/political action that an established organization could try to put together.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I sincerely doubt anyone else in the country would do anything. Not only would it not be publicized in the msm... for obvious reasons. But have you spoken to average citizens in other states? I travel for work frequently, and pro gun every day good people like us outside of NY haven't even heard of the safe act. They don't even realize how close they are to some liberal judge saying "well mother jones and NYS say it's legal, so Utah residents can no longer have a magazine over 10 rounds".

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I sincerely doubt anyone else in the country would do anything. Not only would it not be publicized in the msm... for obvious reasons. But have you spoken to average citizens in other states? I travel for work frequently, and pro gun every day good people like us outside of NY haven't even heard of the safe act. They don't even realize how close they are to some liberal judge saying "well mother jones and NYS say it's legal, so Utah residents can no longer have a magazine over 10 rounds".
At the very least, the people who went to the bundy ranch would come. If there were a few thousand patriots instead of one farmer I think quite a few more would come. Granted that the vast majority of gun owners wouldn't come near a protest like that with a 1000yrd stick, but 0.01% of the gun owners in the US would still be an enormous demonstration.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
More and more people are watching alternative media every day, it's no problem to stream from cell phones to the net so these other media outlets can pick it up and some will send reporters. Send it to The Blaze, Judge Napolitano, everyone that we could think of. Hell, even RT. With enough of the alternative media covering it, some MSM may pick it up. If not **** em. YouTube and Vimeo can spread things pretty quick and can be streamed to directly from phones and some cameras. We need to make the rest of the country know what the UnSafeAct means. Some people here don't like Ted Nugent but I guarantee if it's known to him what is going on with a huge protest of civil disobedience against Safe, it wouldn't take much for him to speak out to his fans in the rest of the country regarding what could happen elsewhere if we don't beat this crap back.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not for nothing, but IF there were thousands of open carry protestors camping out in the capitol for more than 1 day, the MSM would be all over it. while they are a liberal propaganda machine, they also want to make money, and that would sell a lot of news.

if it were anything even close to the bonus march, there is no way it could be ignored. imagine all the businesses in the area, traffic, etc.... it would be amazing!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
celt, this is all good stuff!

not trying to hijack, but was reading another site and saw a pretty cool idea for civil disobedience as well and might be popping up sporadically around the country.

Here's the comment I read....

"It is time. And has been time. For civil disobedience.I am in Live Oak Florida all I need is just a few people to participate in the great American slowdown Tools needed. rush hour traffic . Eight to 10 vehicles .half of which needs to be a pickup truck. Signs saying Obama declares war on Americans.rotate vehicles on i-75 at 50 miles an hour during rush hour traffic Monday morning"

Here's the site: Submit peasants ! | Eatgrueldog

I think it's a pretty cool idea. Obviously we could make the signs a bit more specific to our cause. Thinking it's simply a first amendment expression in the middle lane of an expressway at a time that inconveniences others.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Thats the part that most disturbs me.
Quite a while ago in another conversation I was in, the notion came up that Cuomo or Obama might one day mobilize troops to drive back such a demonstration composed of incensed Americans. Or that these men would send 'the armed forces' to our door if civil disobedience became the order of the day.

I very smugly remarked, "The 'troops'? Mr. Obama, you are going to send 'the troops' - our own sons and daughters - after us? Good luck with that."

I'm feeling less smug at the moment. Somebody please tell me the vast majority of our sons and daughters would disobey such an order...
Because if such a thing happened, an awful lot of people would feel as if they had suffered the ultimate, most devastating betrayal, and would thence be transformed into exceedingly dangerous people - Patriots with NOTHING more to lose.
All the talk and comments on the forums about a 2nd revolution scenario are horsecrap. It would be more like a 2nd civil war pitting family against family, friends against friends and neighbor against neighbors. The atrocities would be staggering.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The way ive described a possible protest, it would be peaceful (no aggression shown), open carry of long guns (which I was under the impression is lawful). Now, the part about xarrying arms that are newly defined as "aw's" along with standard cap mags would be the qctual defiance. Now, I imagine there would be highway check points trying to arrest people before they got to the capitol, but if several thousand people were to be there with arms and camping gear it would be quite a statement.

I know the idea of cardboard cutouts, or replica guns is laughable to some, but it would be symbolic and still make an impact.

I am not asking to be a felon, or asking others to be. Im merely stating what "could" help restore our stolen rights, peacefully, if scotus sides with the tyrants (and not hearing the case is the same as siding with them).

now of course there are other options that The People could take (and could be considered obligatory) but this is a discussion on an open forum about a possible peaceful/political action that an established organization could try to put together.
I completely get your point and agree on the peaceful demonstration aspect but all it would take is one, just one incident and the whole thing can go sideways in a moment.

Example= A felon shows up at this thing and surprise he brought a pump shotgun. Nobody in the crowd knows he's a felon but a LEO recognizes him from somewhere and starts asking questions. The crowd around the guy is already miffed. Hey, they drove 5 hours to get to this demonstration so they are obviously serious about making a stand/statement.
The crowd starts to heckle the officer while he's questioning the felon. The officer calls for backup. The crowd around this situation get more testy as more LEO arrive. One of the LEO is Officer Shovey (slappy's cousin) and barks at the crowd. The crowd barks back. This spreads. The situation is deteriorating. The felon gets cuffed. The crowd gets hot. Shovey shoves a guy to the ground while leading the felon out of the crowd because he was simply in his way. The crowd boils and its game on. It's not a peaceful demonstration anymore.

Like I said, it has to be a planned, peaceful protest. Otoh, It only takes one spark.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
A finger by itself isn't much for anything but pointing, yet when, with its hand mates is clenched into a fist and held in such a manner as to leave no doubts about intention, it must be reckoned with.
Robin

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I completely get your point and agree on the peaceful demonstration aspect but all it would take is one, just one incident and the whole thing can go sideways in a moment.

Example= A felon shows up at this thing and surprise he brought a pump shotgun. Nobody in the crowd knows he's a felon but a LEO recognizes him from somewhere and starts asking questions. The crowd around the guy is already miffed. Hey, they drove 5 hours to get to this demonstration so they are obviously serious about making a stand/statement.
The crowd starts to heckle the officer while he's questioning the felon. The officer calls for backup. The crowd around this situation get more testy as more LEO arrive. One of the LEO is Officer Shovey (slappy's cousin) and barks at the crowd. The crowd barks back. This spreads. The situation is deteriorating. The felon gets cuffed. The crowd gets hot. Shovey shoves a guy to the ground while leading the felon out of the crowd because he was simply in his way. The crowd boils and its game on. It's not a peaceful demonstration anymore.

Like I said, it has to be a planned, peaceful protest. Otoh, It only takes one spark.
and perhaps thats why the order would come ahead of time to not confront anyone in the crowd, if they see someone or something they can wait til it dies down, or the guy walks away and then take the necessary action.

not for nothing, but our rights were STOLEN, and we are now relying on a corrupt court system to restore them, when we really shouldnt have to. what is intended as a peaceful protest certainly could turn into something different, but doing nothing is ridiculous. look at the LSACD they are going to hold in Wa. dont you think a felon may show up in that crowd? The police chief already gave the order that they will not get involved (basically), so it would be no different here.

we already held rallies and nothing changed.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All the talk and comments on the forums about a 2nd revolution scenario are horsecrap. It would be more like a 2nd civil war pitting family against family, friends against friends and neighbor against neighbors. The atrocities would be staggering.
the subject at hand is not about a second revolution or civil war, but i do agree that if it came down to that, it would be terrible. i dont think anyone wants to see it come to that... but many people dont want to see this world continue on this same path for their children or grand children either, so something has to change.

if the courts do not grant relief then we need to do something... now, the something could be a LSACD done in a peaceful manner and hopefully it would stay peaceful, but if it didnt then there is nothing anyone can do about that except deal with the situation as it unfolds. i would hope it never came to that, but again; the option of doing nothing is unacceptable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts