New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Bond Arms derringer. I got everything else covered for now and wanted a nice little gun. Looking at one in 38/357.

Any experiences with these? Whether its in this caliber or any of them. How about models? I'm thinking Texas Defender. Budsgunshop doesnt have the one I want (only Cowboy defender) so I may call and check Gander mountain before I make the drive up there.

So if you happen to know Gander Mountains inventory on Bond Arms (Bond arms website said that GM in Cicero, NY was a distributor) I'd be interesting in hearing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have a Bond Arms Ranger. Love it. It is in 45/410. I purchased it from Grabagun.com. Great people and great prices. I have purchased several pistols from them and I have always had great services and prices. The Ranger comes with a cross draw holster which is very nice. You can also buy a lot of different caliber barrels for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Tonawanda has them in stock, long drive just letting you know. Don't forget, you can order guns online through Gander as well.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got me an LCR instead. Once I find a new job, I will be purchasing a Bond Arms.

Im assuming for each different barrel we have to add to the permit?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i have a texas defender in .45/.410 and love it. recoil/muzzle climb is surprisingly mild for what it is, thus making accuracy more impressive than what i expected (due to the weight and engineering i suppose). the gun pushes straight back into the hand and doesn't fly out of it like my kel tec p3at did the first time i took it to the range years back. fit and finish make it obvious that texans take pride in their work. the availability of so many calibers/combinations through purchasing additional barrels is kinda neat.

i love my lcr with crimson trace laser grips as well. the only thing i somewhat regret is that i got it the first year it came out instead of waiting for the .357 model. regardless, you made a solid choice in terms of practicality. much lighter and more comfortable to carry than the bond, though i highly recomment owning both.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I purchased it from Grabagun.com. Great people and great prices. I have purchased several pistols from them and I have always had great services and prices.
I purchased my last pistol from them. Great experience as well. I ordered online, they already had my ffl on file and he received it in two days.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a texas defender in .45/.410 and love it. recoil/muzzle climb is surprisingly mild for what it is, thus making accuracy more impressive than what i expected (due to the weight and engineering i suppose). the gun pushes straight back into the hand and doesn't fly out of it like my kel tec p3at did the first time i took it to the range years back. fit and finish make it obvious that texans take pride in their work. the availability of so many calibers/combinations through purchasing additional barrels is kinda neat.

i love my lcr with crimson trace laser grips as well. the only thing i somewhat regret is that i got it the first year it came out instead of waiting for the .357 model. regardless, you made a solid choice in terms of practicality. much lighter and more comfortable to carry than the bond, though i highly recomment owning both.
Thanks. I figured the LCR would be more practical for the first choice, but will definitely get a Bond Arms when money allows.

Also, I would also like the option of 38 or 357. Realistically, I'll be shooting more 38 or 38 +p than 357, but more options the better to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts