New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I am looking for a bolt action 7.62x39. Do they make them and what kinds do you like....I personally like black stocks they look better and updated imo. Any info would be great thanks guys

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes for cz but no for $ don't want to spend crazy money on it every semi auto I have i want a bolt as a back up......

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes for cz but no for $ don't want to spend crazy money on it every semi auto I have i want a bolt as a back up......
i asked this question for same reason a while back... that and x39 is cheap plentiful ammo

you can find a occasional sporter such as this (amazing price by the way) and this is not my ad

Model 1893 Turkish Mauser in 7.62X39-MM caliber. : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

there is also the ruger m77 scout gun in 762x30 .... these are sick kinda like a 16.5 inch bbl bolt 3030 with balls!

Ruger M77 Hawkeye Compact 7.62x39 Bolt Act 37141 : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

id advise getting the one in top link, looks like a swet rifle and pretty cheap

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Other than a rebarrel, Savage makes a 10 FCM Scout rifle in 7.62x39. But if they make a rifle for it, there's a bolt face for it. And if there's a bolt face for it, then any other Savage can be chambered in it.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
i saw a No4Mk1 enfield in 7.62x39 made by Australian Arms or someone. Was cool. I should of snapped it up at ~$450. Though I dont think i had the cash on me at the time for it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Wow, yeah, you should have. I bought one for more than that, but after I was laid off I ended up selling it to someone out of state for $800, and he was happy he got such a good deal on it.

Tried at the Dome show, almost nobody knew what it was worth, and the few that did didn't have the money for one.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
savage or cz i have many savage rifles and love them all but not in this caliber is one better than the other or just personal preference

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd like to pick up a bolt action in 7.62x39 but I don't want to pay over $500 for one. Is there an option on the market or would I be better off investigating a rechambering project?

·
Registered
505 Posts
i saw a No4Mk1 enfield in 7.62x39 made by Australian Arms or someone. Was cool. I should of snapped it up at ~$450. Though I dont think i had the cash on me at the time for it.
Australian International Arms was the company and they go for alot more than that now. The guns take AK mags. My father passed up the chance to buy one and regretted it. They had a great idea, which was build a New Lee enfield in Calibers people have (cue the person who will tell me a new 303 would be the best thing ever at this point). But the company seemed to cut corners (rumours of manufacture of parts in Vietnam and it hard to get spare parts) and eventually they disappeared. Last new ones sold were some left over stock on a used gun web site based in Australia.

But if you ever see one, buy it as they are only going one way, up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts