New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

938 Posts
So, let's suppose someone bought a rowboat or canoe from a sporting goods store in 2011. Let's also suppose said individual paid cash. This person enjoyed rowing/paddling up and down creeks and across lakes and reveled in the health benefits, both mental and physical, associated with such activities. Now, let us suppose that two years have passed and this happy boat owner finds him/herself in possession of a neat little outboard motor. Naturally, the boat owner is immediately taken with the idea of cruising across the waves, the splash and spray glistening on sun-browned skin. Our hypothetical boat owner is aware that as soon as the motor is strapped to the boat, it needs to be registered with the Great State of New York. Well, our intrepid boat owner has the hull I.D. number, the MSO from the manufacturer, but does not have the receipt from the sporting goods store because it faded in to nothingness.

He/She has been told by the DMV that there needs to be some sort of proof of sales tax or a bill of sale so that taxes can be re-paid to the Great State of New York.

So, what is this weary boat owner to do?

Please help.

P.S. I hope you enjoyed the prose.
He would get a bill of sale from his buddy that he bought it from
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.