New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on going to blue mountain tomorrow morning (4/13) at about 10:30ish. Anyone care to join me? I'll be at the pistol range. It's been a few years that I've shot, so any help is always welcome.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hmmmmmm....tempting. A little early for me (I will be at the gym from 0830 - 1130 hrs) Then meeting Gun Sick @ the local Pizza joint for lunch.

Gunsick.....on the air?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Hmmmmmm....tempting. A little early for me (I will be at the gym from 0830 - 1130 hrs) Then meeting Gun Sick @ the local Pizza joint for lunch.

Gunsick.....on the air?
I'm hear it's just that I can't take the 1 shot at a time on the rifle range. Plus I can go to my club for free and load up the 30's. It is a great range I have been there hundreds of times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in New Rochelle. I've read a bunch of posts about PCFG. Is it true that there is a crazy long waiting list?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn...thats a long time, but if you say its worth it, i'll believe you. What hours can you shoot there? Are they limited or open a lot? What are the fees? sorry for all the questions, but I want to get back into shooting and I think it would be beneficial to me to be around like minded people. Any info you got would be great. I have no problem taking the drive if it would be worth my while.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
You can shoot dawn to dusk accept wedensday and Sunday afternoon when the trap range is open. $450 to join + work hours the first year. Check out the calander on their website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much yearly after the joining fee? is it $450/year? I have no problem doing work hours. How many hrs are required and can I do them at anytime or do they set up certain days...you are really making it start to sound appealing to me..haha.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Arawn......want to come to our secret squirrel, secret location meeting tomorrow?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been looking for a range. For now I go to Coyne Park range because it's convenient being that I live in Yonkers. That range seems pretty sweet but living in Southern Westchester I am not sure it's worth the trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I may join in, I live in Southern Dutchess, and recently got into shooting via a friend. So far I've only been to Blue Mountain, and it's nice enough, but I think I'd prefer to get involved in a local club.

Do I need to know an existing member to apply? Whortlekill up by me is like that, and to be honest I don't know anyone there.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
If I may join in, I live in Southern Dutchess, and recently got into shooting via a friend. So far I've only been to Blue Mountain, and it's nice enough, but I think I'd prefer to get involved in a local club.

Do I need to know an existing member to apply? Whortlekill up by me is like that, and to be honest I don't know anyone there.
You dont need to know an existing member, just send them an email and that will get you on the list.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
How much yearly after the joining fee? is it $450/year? I have no problem doing work hours. How many hrs are required and can I do them at anytime or do they set up certain days...you are really making it start to sound appealing to me..haha.
I cant remember but its either $125 or $150 a year and 8 work hours 1st year and 4 work hours after 1st year. They do have work days on the calender but theres alot of other stuff going on all the time.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
GS - just looked at the site for your club, I like what I see, what is the address or location of this place? trying to gauge how far it is from me right now. I think I might like to get on the list. Think we could take a trip out there one of these weekends coming up? Need to throw some lead down range, and finish testing the FAL.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
GS - just looked at the site for your club, I like what I see, what is the address or location of this place? trying to gauge how far it is from me right now. I think I might like to get on the list. Think we could take a trip out there one of these weekends coming up? Need to throw some lead down range, and finish testing the FAL.
290 Drewville rd. Carmel NY. Should not be too far from you. We can definitely do that I will bring the L1A1and make it a family affair!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts